Hunting Lawyer

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, callncut, Ichabod97, fowl mouth

Hunting Lawyer

Postby va marsh rat » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:42 pm

First let me state that this is question is NOT as a result of some past transgression I've committed, or some pending charge against me. I'm only wondering for precautionary purposes.

That said, Does anyone know of a good lawyer who specializes in outdoor/hunting/wildlife cases, specifically duck hunting? Hunting in Virginia has its difficulties; the state is the oldest developed region in the entire country, and with crowded waterways, things happen. I understand the laws related to hunting as the text appears on the page; nothing more, nothing less. I'm sure some others may have different ideas. Just want to make sure that if the need arose, I'd have someone to consult in order to confirm/deny my understanding.
va marsh rat
hunter

Re: Hunting Lawyer

Postby dukcommander » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Been there. Done that. Tore that blind down. Could have still had it to this day if I had felt like spending money for court and lawyers. Thank you hopewell :clapping:
"Believe half of what you see , and none of what you hear"
dukcommander
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:30 pm

a lawyer who specializes in duck hunting was tar and feathered in 1907 after loosing a case , I would bet the closes you can find is a duck hunting painting in the office waiting room these days :biggrin: .

:fingerhead: LD :lol3:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:24 am

just stop by any of the impoundments or plantations in the area. Plenty of duck hunting lawyers :thumbsup:
lbhansford
hunter

Postby dukcommander » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:57 am

Many of which prolly don't know anything about hunting laws. They just pay alot of $$$$ to be in bad azz spots. . Not all but most.
"Believe half of what you see , and none of what you hear"
dukcommander
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:03 am

dukcommander wrote:Many of which prolly don't know anything about hunting laws. They just pay alot of $$$$ to be in bad azz spots. . Not all but most.

i concur.... no amount of money can sway duck physics or make you a better hunter but tell that to the guy decked out in the 3000.00 Columbia Heated jacket :hammer:
lbhansford
hunter

Postby kahunna » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:14 pm

There's a couple (waterfowling trial attorneys) on the Refuge Virginia Forum. I don't think you will find anyone who "specializes" in hunting/waterfowling cases, as there are not enough of them to make a living and you would have to travel around to all the counties/cities in Virginia to try them. Think the "local knowledge" component would be more important in defending those cases (know the judges'/Commonwealth Attorneys' dispositions to those kinds of cases, etc.).
kahunna
hunter

Postby mountairyplantation » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:11 am

hunting lawyers is easy. its the plucking that's tough. the meat can be a little tough but i like to let em hang for a week.

jte
mountairyplantation
DHC Sponsor

Postby kahunna » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:03 am

So that's what all them big hooks are for!
kahunna
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:57 am

mountairyplantation wrote:hunting lawyers is easy. its the plucking that's tough. the meat can be a little tough but i like to let em hang for a week.

jte

:lol3: I was waiting for that! :clapping:
lbhansford
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting