holiday

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

holiday

Postby imaduckin up north » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:47 pm

want to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving tomorrow, enjoy :thumbsup:
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
THERE AINT NO DUCKS IN VA, ***** sporting goods told me so
you can educate ignorance
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Re: holiday

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:16 pm

Hey back at 'cha 'Duckin' :thumbsup:
Have a good one!
:beer:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby vt.honker » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:05 am

imaduckin up north wrote:want to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving tomorrow, enjoy :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Happy Thanksgiving to you too Duckin`...and to ALL who read your post :yes: :yes:
So many geese,so much ammo,so little time left!
vt.honker
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:56 am

i had one of those days yesterday morning. Wiped down my gun from the rain on Wednesday and thought all was good. Got out with fowlmouth and Vahunter. set up in an awesome spot. Had pintails pitch in (a drake is my bucket list duck) put my bead on the first white bird in the flock..... click..... firing pin was froze up!!!! meanwhile more birds are pitching in.... empty my shells out, pour a tiny bit of water on the pin and cock it and fire, cock it and fire(dry with no shells) and pin is working fine again... Load up. next flock of birds comes in Boom..... and it wont throw the sceond shell in. I was dicking with my gun the next hour... finally at 9 we start picking up decoys, blind is all folded up, fowlsmouths on the bow pulling anchor, dogs running around and out of nowhere a flock of 50 gadwalls circle us. I said just keep getting straight no way they are gonna decoy with three guys moving around in the middle of an open marsh.... They come in feet down LOCKED! no one had a gun ready and the flew off once they got about 20 yards out...

got home did a full breakdown on my 935 mossberg. FYI Dont EVER take the gas spring out of the barrel. Took an hour to get it back in.

At least turkey dinner was good. was an awesome sight to see so many birds though and my friend got his first pintail. :thumbsup:
lbhansford
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting