Good lord boyz-

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, callncut, Ichabod97

Good lord boyz-

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:27 am

Am sure some of you fellas' have probably seen more than I have in your life, but I've not ever seen so many Geese in one mornings' hunt in my life as I saw Sat. morning- my 'gawd! They were coming out of no-where. Plenty ducks too.

Love it when fresh water freezes up :grooving:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Good lord boyz-

Postby lbhansford » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:30 am

i saw more ducks and geese on Wednesday thru Saturday then ive seen all season last year. stupid amounts of birds.
Last edited by lbhansford on Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
lbhansford
hunter

Postby fowl mouth » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:40 am

saw the geese saturday too swamp! holy moly.
Liberty '14-Broadcasting/Digital Media
DUCKHILL BEAU
What a man will do for a duck
#SOMEDUCKSINVA
fowl mouth
State Moderator

Postby LEWDOG » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:57 am

I enjoyed 3 days of seeing birds other then Black ducks on the salt marsh and it made my freshwater pond the only open hole for miles , man it was better then bait . The geese were high and heading South here on Sat. , I had a local flock fly tree top high over my back as I was moving my duck spread , I called them lucky :oops: .
I'm glad the season is out this week b/c of the warm temps and the honey-do list that has been put off to the last second . There is already talk of a cold front hitting here on Saturday with rain :hammer: .

:clapping: LD :beer:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby va marsh rat » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:34 am

I saw them too. Hundreds moving around everywhere. Rivers, marshes, out in the bay. Didn't see as many ducks in the latter part of the week as I saw in Monday. Bluebills that were here in Monday were no-shows by Thursday. Lots of mallards around, but they were all moving before lst because of the lack of cloud cover last week. I'm glad we're off this week too, but I'm bummed that we have to wait more than double for geese to come back in. Least favorite part of waterfowl season is mid December.
va marsh rat
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting