Sure is a shame

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, callncut, Ichabod97, fowl mouth

Sure is a shame

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:54 pm

... that we can't hunt this week. Ponds to our north and west are all locked up, yet ours here in the valley are wide open and FULL of ducks. Same goes for the Potomac, huge numbers of birds arrived this week.

The season starts too early for many of us, we should move the opener back a week in November and not take this week off.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Re: Sure is a shame

Postby lbhansford » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:18 pm

for us on the coast i think this week off worked out perfect. Saturday is going to be wide open i think. after everybody and their mom being off thanksgiving week, i feel like its a good week for a rest. not arguing or saying my views are the WAY it should be, just my observations on the poennisula.

good to know there are some ducks in the mountains, you guys will probably start to freeze up tomorrow night.
lbhansford
hunter

Postby skydog » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:49 pm

Agreed that it's nice to give the birds some rest this week after getting hit hard all of last week, but all parts of the state are different. Kind of makes me wish we did the same thing after Christmas and New years- close the season the first week of Jan and push it a week later...but just thinking out loud, don't want to start another season date thread
skydog
hunter

Postby fowl mouth » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:37 pm

From my observations it worked well for the coast. Hopefully they will still be there for ya TIS come Saturday.
Liberty '14-Broadcasting/Digital Media
DUCKHILL BEAU
What a man will do for a duck
#SOMEDUCKSINVA
fowl mouth
State Moderator

Postby Big Iron » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:10 pm

The season went out? Huh....wondered why I had all these stationary blinds to myself.

Season can't go beyond the last Sunday in January Skydog. Federal reg not likely to change.
Big Iron
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting