way to go phil

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, callncut, Ichabod97

way to go phil

Postby imaduckin up north » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:46 am

for once i agree with phil, as the dynasty burns and crashes
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/1 ... d%3D421509
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
THERE AINT NO DUCKS IN VA, dicks sporting goods told me so
you can educate ignorance
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Re: way to go phil

Postby The Confederate » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:26 am

I'm not sure dynasty will, A&E definitely.
Mickey Mouse Club Prostaff
The Confederate
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:11 am

The Confederate wrote:I'm not sure dynasty will, A&E definitely.

A&E died long ago... Duck Dynasty was the only thing floating the rest of the fluff. looks like its down to cult wives, sister wives, midget wives, and well you get where i am going with this :lol3:
lbhansford
hunter

Postby Willie » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:21 pm

lbhansford wrote:
The Confederate wrote:I'm not sure dynasty will, A&E definitely.

A&E died long ago... Duck Dynasty was the only thing floating the rest of the fluff. looks like its down to cult wives, sister wives, midget wives, and well you get where i am going with this :lol3:

Agree, DD is one of the hottest shows on TV, huge fan base, lots of $$$ still to be made, and the talk of today.
Willie
hunter

Postby skydog » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:09 pm

Part of me thinks Phil made these comments knowing full well what the consequences would be because he's tired of dealing with all the polticial correctness and nonsense of the tv show.
skydog
hunter

Postby The Confederate » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:11 pm

Agreed. No PC from Phil, and I like that.
Mickey Mouse Club Prostaff
The Confederate
hunter

Postby Percidae_Papermouth » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:34 pm

Good for him... Did anyone see the thanksgiving parade on TV? Anyone see the "kinky boots" song/dance? Made me throw up alittle bit in my mouth...a bunch of trannys in knee high sparkling boots prancing around.... Talking about pushing an agenda... Kids watching for goodness sake. Dispicable.. You don't see me walking around with a " I love poon tang" shirt on.. Jus sayin'
Percidae_Papermouth
hunter

Postby kahunna » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:33 pm

Without DD, A&E will return to obsolescence where it belongs.
kahunna
hunter

Postby Dog Tired » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:40 pm

FOr once, I can't say a bad thing about DD. I can't stand that they'd widely publicize my very favorite thing on the planet for their personal gain and popular consumption, but man alive, the couldn't have been more right and to the point. He highlighted a dichotomy that the liberals will not have highlighted, an that's that even as much as we ignore that we're different and try to cover it up with hugs, guess what? We are. Not all of us are the same and some of us (hold your breath) believe things that we don't. Holy dog crap batman!

Get over it ya communist tree huggers! Phil is allowed to have (and talk about) his beliefs. He does on every show before this interview and last I checked, no one was asking him anything. Lets not ask questions were not ready to hear the answer to.
Dog Tired
hunter

Postby G3duck » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:43 pm

For my $0.02, boycott products advertised on A&E. Then watch A&E sweat.
G3duck
hunter

Postby FLSpringer » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:57 pm

Ok, I understand that some folks have hard feelings toward the Robertsons because of all the complete morons we encounter in the woods and on the water these days. I've been duck hunting since I was 16, and I'm 48 now, so I completely understand. HOWEVER, this is a free speech issue, and the guy deserves our support.
FLSpringer
hunter

Postby Ducks27 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:47 pm

Agreed, the media is taking every shot at them they can which doesn't surprise me, But I wish DD would just tell A&E to shove it, and do something on the outdoor channel and end the craze.
Ducks27
hunter

Postby recoil slinger » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:43 am

Ducks27 wrote:Agreed, the media is taking every shot at them they can which doesn't surprise me, But I wish DD would just tell A&E to shove it, and do something on the outdoor channel and end the craze.

outdoor is out the question. but glenn beck has offered them a slot. i say they bring back the ole duck commander and call it a day!
Drank some of daves koolaid, and cant stop looking in the mirror.
vice president of back bay blind retrieval association.
beast mode on
recoil slinger
hunter

Postby A5Gunner » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:26 pm

Here I was gettin all comfy being a hater now this turns it all around. :huh: :mad: OK I love Phil now but I still just can't handle Willie's sellout machine. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall listening to Willie yell at Phil for jepordizing the money train. I don't think Phil gives a crap so I expect he will be off the show soon. DD brand smoked crow jerkey anyone?
You ain't right.......kinda touched in the head.
A5Gunner
hunter

Postby mountairyplantation » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:35 am

maybe its just me, but how is this a freedom of speech issue? i keep hearing how phil's rights are being impeded and his free speech rights are being taken away etc... how is that again? phil wasn't thrown in jail or fined for speaking his views. he wasn't sent to the gulag. his EMPLOYER temporarily suspended him. something all of our employers can and have the right to do if we say or do something against their wishes. free speech is something different. free speech is about giving you the liberty to speak out about your government without having the SS show up at your door the next night and drag you away never to be seen again. let's not confuse the two issues here.

phil can say what he wants. his views are his own but are shared by many. i'm not one of them but i can understand why some people are afraid of homosexuality. to the guy who spoke about the "kinky boots" float at the parade. "Kinky Boots" is an award-winning Broadway musical about a shoe factory owner and a drag queen who work together to turn the family business around. who cares? homosexuals have been portrayed in plays and musicals for hundreds of years. these people, professional actors and dancers, were asked to be in the parade. they were playing a role. so you're going to use that as ammo to say that somehow the media and society are using a parade skit to coerce all of us into being gay and ruining society's morals? why does everything have to be some whacked out theory of media abuse? why cant it just be a couple crazy nyc people dancing in drag. it doesnt float your boat? great. to a lot of people shooting ducks doesnt float their boat. should we let them decide what we want to do for our fun? then why should you get to decide what they do? living in liberty means living in a way where you are free to be who you are and your neighbor is free to be who they are. if that means prancing up and down fifth avenue in a mini skirt why the hell should you or i care? its actually a testament to our liberties that people can and will do such bizarre things in public. its their right. embrace it. same goes with homosexual sex. dont like it? then you dont have to engage in it. but what right do any of us have in telling others how to lead their lives? isnt that what we're defending? our right to do as we please with our lives? think about that before you start casting stones.

rant over.
mountairyplantation
DHC Sponsor

Postby Mallard Cutter » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:55 am

The media would have you believe that about %75 of our country is homosexual. But from what I see it just isn't that way no matter how hard they try. The whole thing is that if someone came out in support of the gay lifestyle nothing would be said. But let someone who doesn't agree with it say something they are a demon and evil and a very bad person. What's good for one should be good for the other. That's what it's about. To each his own. This country gets butt hurt over the least little thing anymore.
Mallard Cutter
hunter

Postby A5Gunner » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:48 pm

Ohh no mount my friend. You need to wake up and smell the culture war. It is about a know better than you liberal media and entertainment industry re-educating you. Gay is now great as one of the liberal "special" protected classes and anyone who speaks against thier agenda to be a special class above the normal "breeders" is a hate speaker and homophobic. The same can be said about any of the minority coalition that got Obama elected. It isn't good enough for these people that you tolerate them, which is all they are entitled to. You must now love and hug them and praise thier lifestyle and thier "bravery" for bieng who they are blahh blahhh blahhh or they will label you and come after you too.

Be careful what you say in this brave new PC world for it might offend somone. Next thing you know the thought police will be sending you to the re-education camp. Laugh now, first it's hate crimes, then hate speach, next will be hate thought and they will regulate that too. What the hell is a "hate crime" for example, murder is murder, who cares about the motivation, the victim is just as dead but it is more of a crime if it is "hate" motivated? How stupid! But it elevates crime on "special classes" of people to get more justice than Joe Public. It's not about equality, it's about superiority.
Last edited by A5Gunner on Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You ain't right.......kinda touched in the head.
A5Gunner
hunter

Postby recoil slinger » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:43 pm

imaduckin up north wrote:for once i agree with phil, as the dynasty burns and crashes

and guess what...again. no one cares what you think. :yes:
Drank some of daves koolaid, and cant stop looking in the mirror.
vice president of back bay blind retrieval association.
beast mode on
recoil slinger
hunter

Postby dodman » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:48 pm

I think the only thing I'd add to all that is the reaction is way over the top compared to what he actually said. It's a little ridiculous. If you simply disagree with one of the close-hold liberal opinions or lifestyles, you're vile scum and an awful human being to boot. There's no room for open, pragmatic, respectful discussion and debate about the issue. There's absolutely nothing wrong with differences of opinion, but there's a lot wrong with vilification and a complete inability to respectfully knock around an issue in an intellectually honest, respectful way. That's how you get things done. It seems to me that that ability can be a rare thing with the loud mouths that often seem to be the public face on the liberal side of the house.

He said he disagrees with homosexuality. He also said it's not his job to judge, and that in the end he'd respect any human being. In the bit I've read, I haven't seen any kind of similar balanced response...just the same ole tired screeching.
dodman
hunter

Postby RedPup » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:15 pm

Sadly, it is where we are as a country right now. The left is in control, but I'm not so sure that the majority of the country is left (or as extreme left as those in charge now are).

This is about the left's twisted take on free speech. They believe in free speech as long as they agree with what you have to say. If not, they protest, boycott, shut or shout you down, or try to have you fired. Here are some examples:

When Rush Limbaugh called Sandra Fluke a "slut," they tried to have him fired, pressured sponsors to drop him, and launched the whole "war on women" nonsense. But, when Bill Maher of HBO called Sarah Palin and Laura Ingram the "C" word, he got a pass because he is an "entertainer."

So what is Phil Robertson then?

Where was GLADD when Alec Baldwin used a gay slur? Where was the outcry over Martin Bashir?

It is the left's double-standard and I really think the country is raising the "BS" flag this time. He will soon be re-instated and all will be well with Duck Dynasty, because in the end, it is all about ratings and the bucks.
RedPup
hunter

Postby va marsh rat » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:59 pm

Folks in this country have their noses way too far into each other's business. I could care less what some television mouthpiece says about a particular issue. 99% of the time, it will have zero bearing on my day-to-day life, my freedoms, my relationship with God, or my long-term happiness. I don't believe any normal citizen can claim that a celebrity's views on homosexuality or any other issue really affects them. We'd be a much happier and polite society if we all gave each other a little breathing room and did our own thing, and ignored 99% of the junk coming over the airwaves. Kind of like blind laws. Everyone needs their 500 yards, and I don't give a d@mn what you do with it so long as it doesn't infringe my ability to enjoy my own.

Obviously, this would be different if the gov't were involved. But we have had zero gov't involvement in this whole charade, and until we do, no one's "rights" have been violated. It's simply an employee-employer relationship that's been dragged out into the limelight. Now I think it was shameless for the GQ reporter to go asking Phil about that particular issue. The entire country knew what a Louisiana good-ole-boy would say about the subject, and he's certainly entitled to it. If A&E feels that their employee's views threaten their ability to sell ad space, then similarly, they're certainly entitled to fire said employee. Time will tell if that was a correct assessment on A&E's part, but I really couldn't care less.
va marsh rat
hunter

Postby Dog Tired » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:26 pm

Hate pops!
Dog Tired
hunter

Postby imaduckin up north » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:32 pm

recoil slinger wrote:
imaduckin up north wrote:for once i agree with phil, as the dynasty burns and crashes

and guess what...again. no one cares what you think. :yes:

like i care what you think
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
THERE AINT NO DUCKS IN VA, dicks sporting goods told me so
you can educate ignorance
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:32 pm

'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson will remain on show, A&E says

:hammer: LD :hammer:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting