blinds For Upcoming Season

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, callncut, Ichabod97

blinds For Upcoming Season

Postby PeteJRH » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:08 pm

Looking for blinds/spots to waterfowl hunt about hour from hanover county. Don't mind driving ... don't mind paying. I have some spots that I could share and work something out. . Again, I don't mind paying. .. thanks
PeteJRH
hunter

Re: blinds For Upcoming Season

Postby LEWDOG » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:24 pm

These forums are full of hunters that float hunt every drop of water they can find , it might be a bad place to search for waterfowl stationary blind sites to rent :no: . What you need is to take your money and buy some wetland and don't offer to share it with anyone .

:fingerhead: LD :yes:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby PeteJRH » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:31 pm

What?
PeteJRH
hunter

Postby PeteJRH » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:04 pm

"Lewdog" .. first off .. I have no idea what you are talking about. I am legitimately looking for places to hunt. I'm not a goof ball that has over 3000 posts. So if I broke an online forum etiquette please forgive me. You don't need to blast me and put little smiley faces like a 14 year old girl. Anyway. . "Market Hunter", I am one of the most respectful people out there. . So, the next time I post something that isn't to your liking. . Just move on to the next post. PARTNER.
PeteJRH
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:03 pm

I wasn't saying anything about you PARTNER but a forum full of people that don't have land to hunt on is not a good place to look for hunting blind spots IMO.
I am legitimately looking for places to hunt.
No , if you were you would be researching tax maps for landowners names so you can knock on doors . Twice you said
don't mind paying
and buying land one must be welling to pay for it .
Last I have your goofballs swinging .

:lol3: LD :lol3:
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby imaduckin up north » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:27 am

PeteJRH wrote:"Lewdog" .. first off .. I have no idea what you are talking about. I am legitimately looking for places to hunt. I'm not a goof ball that has over 3000 posts. So if I broke an online forum etiquette please forgive me. You don't need to blast me and put little smiley faces like a 14 year old girl. Anyway. . "Market Hunter", I am one of the most respectful people out there. . So, the next time I post something that isn't to your liking. . Just move on to the next post. PARTNER.

see this guy gets it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
THERE AINT NO DUCKS IN VA, dicks sporting goods told me so
you can educate ignorance
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Postby Willie » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:57 am

Welcome Pete...you might find someone on here to help. There was a guy on here last year at some point that had a couple extra blinds available. Stick around and something is likely to pop up.
Willie
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:53 am

imaduckin up north wrote:
PeteJRH wrote:" You don't need to blast me and put little smiley faces like a 14 year old girl. .

see this guy gets it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yep IUN smilies we all use are making us look like a 14 year old girl . OK so a blind site 1 hour out of Hanover county wouldn't fall in your claim of "Still Hunting It" and a snowball chance in **** is still a chance here at the start of the off season .

:bow: LD :rolleyes:
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby PeteJRH » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:01 am

Ok. Again. I'm sorry for offending Anyone. I'm just looking for different avenues to hunt and reciprocate. ..
Lewdog, you are proving my case about being a 14 year old with your comments .. I will continue to post, if you don't approve of them just move on and find something better to do. I'm a grown man, I am done with you.
Thanks to all the useful and productive answers I have been getting.
PeteJRH
hunter

Postby imaduckin up north » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:32 am

trust me lew is not done
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Postby PeteJRH » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:44 am

imaduckin up north wrote:trust me lew is not done

I am.
PeteJRH
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:45 am

Pete my last post was towards imaduckin up north and I used a quote that you had posted . At no time in this thread did I try to do anything other then help you in your search to find a spot 1 hour from your location for a blind site . The chip on your shoulder you put there on your own and the last time I check I can post to any thread on this here forum and I could care less if you like or not like what was said .

:sarcmark: LD :fingerhead:
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby PeteJRH » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:14 am

This is comical.
PeteJRH
hunter

Postby skydog » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:12 pm

Pete honestly Lew's initial response, which for some reason got under your skin, was completely light hearted and honest. You're going to have to get some thicker skin if you're going to hang out around here. There are haves and have nots in the Va duck hunting world- this forum is mainly made of the have not float hunters- that's why Lew said it's not a great place to come looking for blind spots. No harm in posting anyways, I just think he was trying to temper your expectations of what you might find here.
Last edited by skydog on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skydog
hunter

Postby CLAYBREAKER22701 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:13 pm

This place is pretty terrible unless your in the cool club.
CLAYBREAKER22701
hunter

Location: North of Richmond - South of DC-West of 95 - East of the Mountains.

Postby PeteJRH » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:04 pm

I understand. I'm not mad or irritated the least .. I have spots to hunt. I was legitimately looking for different people to hunt with, different spots.. and would gladly return the favor. I never imagined anyone would get upset over me trying branch out and open up other options for me and others.
Anyway, I have never really done the forum thing. This was my first ATTEMPT. I don't even have a Facebook page. . think this may be the reason.. . Anyway, Good luck to all of you.
PeteJRH
hunter

Postby surfrat » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:15 pm

I am sure there are a lot of respectable Float hunters but some have been a big pain in our *** last couple years. We spent the time building blinds in all the good spots and they try to slip in and shoot where it is tagged out and get out. I ran off a few last year that were set up within the 500 yard zone. I even had a friend call and tell me two guys were in my blind hunting with a spread out. He asked me if I knew. I was at work and no one had permission to be there that day. We have a large stretch of river tagged out with 6 blinds and we all watch each others stuff. Between the blinds and houses and bridges and such it basically secures about 3 miles of prime duck hunting area. All the best spots are locked up tight. Nothing pisses me off more than someone setting up too close to my blind. At least this guy is man enough to ask To share a blind. I will take you hunting.
surfrat
hunter

Postby old1neck » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:22 am

^^ This attitude is why I will always be against blind laws. Nothing pisses me off more that people trying to lock up several miles of public water. Do you even own any waterfront property?
What time is shooting time?
old1neck
hunter

Postby imaduckin up north » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:14 pm

surfrat wrote:I am sure there are a lot of respectable Float hunters but some have been a big pain in our *** last couple years. We spent the time building blinds in all the good spots and they try to slip in and shoot where it is tagged out and get out. I ran off a few last year that were set up within the 500 yard zone. I even had a friend call and tell me two guys were in my blind hunting with a spread out. He asked me if I knew. I was at work and no one had permission to be there that day. We have a large stretch of river tagged out with 6 blinds and we all watch each others stuff. Between the blinds and houses and bridges and such it basically secures about 3 miles of prime duck hunting area. All the best spots are locked up tight. Nothing pisses me off more than someone setting up too close to my blind. At least this guy is man enough to ask To share a blind. I will take you hunting.

people like you are the reason blind laws need to go, nothing but greed here
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:18 pm

old1neck wrote:^^ This attitude is why I will always be against blind laws. Nothing pisses me off more that people trying to lock up several miles of public water. Do you even own any waterfront property?

X2..... i am betting you are on the intercoastal and also bet every blind is a non-reparion blind... you better hope someone doesnt decide to talk to one of the local landowners when you arent around to "run them off"... this mentality is why most great hunting areas around here are sewn up tight...

one day you one run off the wrong guy and sure enough jewish lightning will strike.
lbhansford
hunter

Postby lil_shawn1990 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:36 pm

surfrat wrote:I am sure there are a lot of respectable Float hunters but some have been a big pain in our *** last couple years. We spent the time building blinds in all the good spots and they try to slip in and shoot where it is tagged out and get out. I ran off a few last year that were set up within the 500 yard zone. I even had a friend call and tell me two guys were in my blind hunting with a spread out. He asked me if I knew. I was at work and no one had permission to be there that day. We have a large stretch of river tagged out with 6 blinds and we all watch each others stuff. Between the blinds and houses and bridges and such it basically secures about 3 miles of prime duck hunting area. All the best spots are locked up tight. Nothing pisses me off more than someone setting up too close to my blind. At least this guy is man enough to ask To share a blind. I will take you hunting.

Where you hunt at?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
lil_shawn1990
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:22 am

old1neck wrote:^^ This attitude is why I will always be against blind laws. Nothing pisses me off more that people trying to lock up several miles of public water. Do you even own any waterfront property?

Yall need to give the guy a break. He is only hunting by the law. He hasnt done anything wrong. The way I see it, he has put 6 blinds that he hunts in (legal) and is having trouble with float hunters hunting too close (illegal). You cant get mad at the guy. If they are dummy blinds that is one thing but if he hunts em then he is within the law and has done nothing wrong. Sorry.

Now Surfrat you did mess up by coming on and talking about all the area you tied up. People are a little sensitive on that. But you did prove a point of mine. People cant regulate themselves. There are more duck hunters in less area to hunt now than ever. If blind laws go away, there would be a free for all and it would be a mess. Everyone knows its true. And all open water(not on private land) blinds are public doesnt solve it either. not sayi9ng blind laws are perfect, but there isnt a perfect solution.
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby old1neck » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:42 am

Just like Sunday hunting... Gee, I wonder how all the other states manage to get along all these years without blind laws??
What time is shooting time?
old1neck
hunter

Postby imaduckin up north » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:50 am

i dont have to give anybody a break , especially when they come on here bragging about how much public water they have tied up. like oneneck said, how do all the other states manage so well with sunday hunting and no blind laws. the arrogance in the sport of waterfowling is ridiculous
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Postby lil_shawn1990 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:46 am

KAhunter wrote:

Yall need to give the guy a break. He is only hunting by the law. He hasnt done anything wrong. The way I see it, he has put 6 blinds that he hunts in (legal) and is having trouble with float hunters hunting too close (illegal). You cant get mad at the guy. If they are dummy blinds that is one thing but if he hunts em then he is within the law and has done nothing wrong. Sorry.

Now Surfrat you did mess up by coming on and talking about all the area you tied up. People are a little sensitive on that. But you did prove a point of mine. People cant regulate themselves. There are more duck hunters in less area to hunt now than ever. If blind laws go away, there would be a free for all and it would be a mess. Everyone knows its true. And all open water(not on private land) blinds are public doesnt solve it either. not sayi9ng blind laws are perfect, but there isnt a perfect solution.

Louisiana aint got no dang blind law. They regulate themselves just fine. People are afraid of change, or it is just greed.
lil_shawn1990
hunter

Next

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting