blinds For Upcoming Season

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

Re: blinds For Upcoming Season

Postby KAhunter » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:15 am

Louisiana and virginia are apples to oranges if you ask me. Way more ducks in Lousiana, less people and way more land to hunt. Not even the same. Sorry managing land and people and ducks in Lousiana is a whole different science than doing it in Virginia. All I was saying is the guy is doing it by the law. The law may or may not be flawed, but he isnt doing anything wrong. He shouldnt have come here and bragged, but what he is doing is legal and per the law as it stands now. There is nothing wrong with it, especially if it is a group who hunts these blinds regularly and keeps them maintained. The people with float blinds are breaking the law in this case and are in the wrong.
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby lil_shawn1990 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:26 am

You think Louisiana has less duck hunters? But sounds alot like an anti-sunday hunting argument when someone brings up that other states manage it well with Sunday Hunting. Your right though by law it is legal, but we werent saying it wasnt. All we were saying was that is the reason blind laws need to go, becuase one group can take up so much of the river, leaving newcomers adn others with nothing to hunt all season. Yes the float hunter may have been in the wrong as he was breaking the law, but we didnt say he wasnt either. all that was said was that this guys attitude is reason blind laws need to go.
lil_shawn1990
hunter

Postby ipittythefoo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:32 am

$141 dollars to lock up three miles of public waterways for split between three hunters for the season. Yeah that system works. We need to get all the Floating blind hunters to not spend the $41.00 till DGIF can open up some spots east of 95 to use them other than 25 boats piling up in Game Farm Marsh on opening day.
ipittythefoo
hunter

Postby old1neck » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:39 am

I think they should sell stationary licenses for $500 at least.
What time is shooting time?
old1neck
hunter

Postby lil_shawn1990 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:55 am

old1neck wrote:I think they should sell stationary licenses for $500 at least.

i dont agree with driving up any prices. yeh maybe it would stop deter people from taking multiple spots on the river. But it also hurts everyone else as well. Waterfowling is already an expensive sport. Hunting in general has become about Money. Richest man wins! That shouldnt be what it is about. Just drop blind laws.
lil_shawn1990
hunter

Postby old1neck » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:03 am

Not gonna happen, although I'd have no problem with them if they change it from unoccupied to occupied.
old1neck
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:15 am

Riparian land owner should and does have a say in what goes on in the public area that boarders their land , be it water, park or highway . With that in mind with or without blind laws that will still stand . Maybe what is needed is a posted sign that gives Riparian land owner 100 yards over public waters or/and make it a requirement that all blind owner to keep a log of days hunted and poof of birds killed (wings or feet) and put a number one must reach for both to keep the blind tag . To make all on the same play ground change the floating blind to a county license with a limit of say 2 counties . Blind laws have been a great tool for controlling baiting here where baiting waterfowl was the norm and I am sure y'all don't want Riparian land owners using bait to keep hunters away from their land , I mean what is worst few spots to hunt or few spots to hunt with no birds ?

:huh: LD :fingerhead:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby ipittythefoo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:21 am

I thought the blind law were to keep you from hunting over their corn.
ipittythefoo
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:29 am

They don't want to slip on poop so the corn is more of a plan "B" .

:mad: LD :eek:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby lil_shawn1990 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:46 am

hmm. well its nice to know the history of blind laws now. not being originally from here, i can see how they did help with some situations.
lil_shawn1990
hunter

Postby old1neck » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:10 am

Here you go Shawn, that review this article speaks of can be found online if you want to read it.
http://www.wildfowlmag.com/locked-out-r ... water.html
old1neck
hunter

Postby old1neck » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:27 am

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/49292776/RE ... -COMMITTEE

Page 7 tells you about the history of blind laws.
old1neck
hunter

Postby lil_shawn1990 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:36 am

old1neck wrote:Here you go Shawn, that review this article speaks of can be found online if you want to read it.
http://www.wildfowlmag.com/locked-out-r ... water.html

ha, i actually just got through reading that before coming back on here. im trying to educate myself a little more on these blind laws. since im not from here. I just got here in April of last year. Really just started duck hunting in January after a friend introduced me to it. since then i have spend LOTS of money getting my own stuff and getting ready for next season. My biggest hurdle so far is finding places to hunt. I plan on hunting on base mostly, but there will be times when the blinds get reserved before i get there or when the hunting just hasnt been good there. So after seeing this thread, i wanted to figure out exactly how hard it would be to get a permanent blind on this side of the 95. holy smokes, hard as heck! Seems like you got to know the right people. However i am confused as far as it comes to West of 95. Is it just a courtesy thing on that side that you dont set up near someone else? Also, what if someone has erected a permanent blind but you get on the water before they do? Since there is no blind law, im assuming its an anything goes kinda deal.
lil_shawn1990
hunter

Postby lil_shawn1990 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:42 am

old1neck wrote:http://www.docstoc.com/docs/49292776/REPORT-OF-THE-WATERFOWL-BLIND-REGULATION-ADVISORY-COMMITTEE

Page 7 tells you about the history of blind laws.

Page is blocked on my work comp. Have to check it out when I get home
lil_shawn1990
hunter

Postby old1neck » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:46 am

You from Louisiana?
old1neck
hunter

Postby lil_shawn1990 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:53 am

old1neck wrote:You from Louisiana?

sure am.
lil_shawn1990
hunter

Postby old1neck » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:58 am

And you wait till you get stationed here to get into duck hunting lol? What city?
old1neck
hunter

Postby lil_shawn1990 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:07 pm

old1neck wrote:And you wait till you get stationed here to get into duck hunting lol? What city?

yeh i know. i dont know why i never duck hunted down there, i guess becuase no one in my family ever did it. plan on doing some down there next time i take leave though! Im from Singer, LA in Beauregard Parish. If you dont know where thats at, about 45 mins north of Lake Charles and 20 minutes south of Deridder. Are you from Louisiana?
lil_shawn1990
hunter

Postby old1neck » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:11 pm

No but my dad was stationed at England AFB when I was a teenager... Good times down there
old1neck
hunter

Postby lil_shawn1990 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:17 pm

old1neck wrote:No but my dad was stationed at England AFB when I was a teenager... Good times down there

yeh im from Southwest Louisiana. I dont know where England AFB is.
lil_shawn1990
hunter

Postby old1neck » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:28 pm

Was in Alexandria, but it closed several years ago. I lived in Pineville.
old1neck
hunter

Postby lil_shawn1990 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:30 pm

old1neck wrote:Was in Alexandria, but it closed several years ago. I lived in Pineville.

okay i know where your talking about now.
lil_shawn1990
hunter

Postby surfrat » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:43 pm

I have not broke any law and I take most anyone that ask hunting. I talk to the wardens on a regular basis . I didn't steal my spot from anyone. I went out and found it...some of you should do the same... And you don't have to worry about me or my buddies trying to slip in and shoot it when you are not around or bitching about you haveing a good spot to hunt if you ever do find one. Any one of you could have two good blinds of your own . All you have to do is find the spot and buy the tag and build it. I know of about half dozen spots that are great right now with no blinds...I am helping a friend get set up in a nice blind of his own for next season. I think the blind laws are great...Without them it would be out of controll. It has nothing to do with greed or money...It has to do with the fact that I found a good spot and put up blinds.
Last edited by surfrat on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
surfrat
hunter

Postby old1neck » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:22 pm

Really....you don't have a clue.
old1neck
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:26 pm

surfrat wrote:I have not broke any law and I take most anyone that ask hunting. I talk to the wardens on a regular basis . The only jacked up attitude around here is you guys that don't want to put in the time to find a good spot on your own. I didn't steal my spot from anyone. I went out and found it...some of you should do the same... And you don't have to worry about me or my buddies trying to slip in and shoot it when you are not around or bitching about you haveing a good spot to hunt if you ever do find one. Any one of you could have two good blinds of your own . All you have to do is find the spot and buy the tag and build it. I know of about half dozen spots that are great right now with no blinds...I am helping a friend get set up in a nice blind of his own for next season. I think the blind laws are great...Without them it would be out of controll.It has nothing to do with greed or money...It has to do with the fact that I found a good spot and put up blinds.

I agree 100%
lilshawn you just started duck hunting and you just moved here?? Like I said its not like lousiana here. Lots of hunters and not lots of places to hunt. You cant expect ot public hunt in VA, or NC for that matter, first year you have duck hunted ever and strike gold. sorry.
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting