blinds For Upcoming Season

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, callncut, Ichabod97, fowl mouth

Re: blinds For Upcoming Season

Postby fowl mouth » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:35 am

a 2 county limit holy moly... :eek:
Liberty '14-Broadcasting/Digital Media
DUCKHILL BEAU
What a man will do for a duck
#SOMEDUCKSINVA
fowl mouth
State Moderator

Postby LEWDOG » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:21 pm

Yep any two and it would still be more then a fixed blind license gets but lets say you get 2 per F.B.L. and no limit on how many you can buy . Sense there will be no fixed blinds out in the water go ahead and give the F.B.L. 360* / 500yards just like the R.S.S.B.L. .
At the end of it all my guess is blind laws will stay as written and all will have to deal with it or give up the waterfowl .

:wink: LD :yes:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby fowl mouth » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:40 pm

oh okay unlimited number of licenses at 2 counties per. I thought you meant you would have to choose 2 counties and thats it. I float hunt like 8. that would be tough. that idea is never gonna happen though.
Liberty '14-Broadcasting/Digital Media
DUCKHILL BEAU
What a man will do for a duck
#SOMEDUCKSINVA
fowl mouth
State Moderator

Postby LEWDOG » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:39 pm

that idea is never gonna happen though.

Some said the same thing about Sunday hunting , but agree and refer back to this
At the end of it all my guess is blind laws will stay as written and all will have to deal with it or give up the waterfowl .

:fingerhead: LD :smile:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:42 am

I all for the mandatory hunting license and therefore hunters safety. I think this would eliminate almost every dock blind and open up alot of water where there is very little places left to hunt... (tidal salt marsh)
lbhansford
hunter

Postby Mudgun » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:31 pm

The problem with the blind laws as they are written is that they are now the machinations for shutting down areas to hunting.

Let's face it, all of the good spots are tagged.

There are damm few spots that exist in the tidewater that a) hold birds and b) don't have a tag on a stick. The ones that do exist are hula hoop in size and allow a blind to be wedged in where someone left a 5 yard area open.

So, you go in and tag that spot. Hunt it. One of two things happens. 1) The adjacent landowner gets angry and eventually tags it and poof 2) Adjacent blind owners lie, cheat, steal, burn their way into squeezing you out.

So, what happens is the new hunters put blinds in places that either hold damm few birds or are in "gray" areas (see Potomac River thread). What happens when people build blinds in marginal areas? They get pizzed and start skybusting traffic birds. Or they shoot ducks and geese and then chase them under boat docks or unload 3 gun salvos in front of Mcmansions.

Then, the blind laws are used to close another area to hunters, probably permanently.

The poster in this thread claims to have closed several miles of river to hunting by others without owning an acre and then complains about "poachers". I guarantee if I found a chink in his blind armour and found a spot in "his" river he would be out there next summer working very hard to push me out. Been there done that.

Swift Creek, Appamattox, James, Rappahannock, Potomac....all but the York. Duck hunters are the same all over.

Build a blind somewhere, and hunt every Saturday and never fire a shot or blow a call. They don't get too upset. Kill a couple of limits while they eat BBQ chips.....fur gonna fly.

Non-Rip Blind laws are a crutch. If you can't hang, it's OK I get it.
NOW WITH MORE 100% MORE VITRIOLIC SARCASM!!!
Mudgun
hunter

Postby wtrfwlr43 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:24 am

old1neck wrote:Just like Sunday hunting... Gee, I wonder how all the other states manage to get along all these years without blind laws??

Moved to Kansas from Virginia, NO blinds laws here. Public managed areas can get stupid at times. It's better when it gets COLD runs the fair weather hunters off. Have had guys try to downwind me a couple of times in 8 years on public hunting. Worked out both times as we were running 80+ decoys to their 12:)
The Good thing is there is a lot of opportunity to hunt here and most farmers are friendly to waterfowl hunters. I hunt ponds, a couple of lakes, and field hunt. Rarely hit the state managed areas because of the Yahoos.

Deer hunting is ate up by out of stater leases.
wtrfwlr43
hunter

Previous

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting