Owner info for blinds?

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, fowl mouth, callncut

Owner info for blinds?

Postby Mr.Blonde » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:51 pm

I have a piece of property east of 95 that I am thinking about leasing next season and there is a marsh surrounded by water on all sides across the river from the lease. There is a blind from last season there and I kayaked over to it to see if it was tagged last season. It was but how do you determine if it is riparian or non-riparian? I looked at sticker and it just stated stationary blind but no other info. Can I call state and ask them if it is riparian? The reason I want to know is because to lease property I would like to be on both sides of river. If it is either I would like to contact blind owner and talk about specifics. Thanks and happy offseason!
Last edited by Mr.Blonde on Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Heaven to me is endless cypress swamps and hardwood forests loaded with game and ducks and not a game warden around!” -Phil Robertson
Mr.Blonde
hunter

Re: Owner info for blinds?

Postby Mr.Blonde » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:18 pm

Sorry edited original post... meant East of 95. :fingerhead:
“Heaven to me is endless cypress swamps and hardwood forests loaded with game and ducks and not a game warden around!” -Phil Robertson
Mr.Blonde
hunter

Postby old1neck » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:50 am

Get the license number off the sticker and call VDGIF.
What time is shooting time?
old1neck
hunter

Postby Mr.Blonde » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:49 am

Thanks Neck! I have heard that the VDGIF does not have a computer system set up for tracking blind numbers and locations. I will give them a call Monday and see what they say! Thanks again
Mr.Blonde
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:20 pm

Is the blind on land or water ? If water get the GPS numbers too . I bet the CPO can look it up on the truck laptop .

:huh: LD
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby Mr.Blonde » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:01 am

Its on the bank of marsh but will give them GPS coordinates as well. Thanks Lewdog!
Mr.Blonde
hunter

Postby drake7 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:29 am

If it's actually on land then it's either a rip blind or a leased rip blind.
drake7
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:11 pm

There is only one kind of Riparian blind license , no matter if it is the land owner , someone the owner gave permission to , or someone that paid for the rights .

:smile: LD :wink:
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:57 pm

if you own the marsh across from it then just put a blind up and hunt it. two repairions dont have to be 500 apart.
lbhansford
hunter

Postby old1neck » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:58 pm

Just give them the license number. CPO will call it in same as what you need to do.
What time is shooting time?
old1neck
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:38 am

I looked at sticker and it just stated stationary blind but no other info.

What color was this sticker for someone said in another thread a long time ago that a rip has a different color then a non-rip .
I have a piece of property east of 95 that I am thinking about leasing next season and there is a marsh surrounded by water on all sides across the river from the lease.

The island marsh is own by the same owner that owns the bank on the other side of the river would be my guess . Go to the county clerk office and have a look at the tax maps or go to the county website and look for Cadastral Maps to find out for sure . Blind on marsh must be a Rip on second year tagging .
I would like to contact blind owner and talk about specifics.

The owner of marsh should have that info and if not has the power to make you the blind spot owner .

The questions you are having dealing with blind laws is why I don't hunt rivers , here on big water one only has to deal with half the people . On a river you could find a land owner that will rent a blind site out while across the water the land owner hates hunting and puts up a blind on the offshore side of a marsh island . I hope that isn't what is going on but it is something to check out now before the handshake .
Good Luck !

:smile: LD :wink:
LEWDOG
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting