Duck Hunting Forum banner

Owner info for blinds?

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  LEWDOG 
#1 ·
I have a piece of property east of 95 that I am thinking about leasing next season and there is a marsh surrounded by water on all sides across the river from the lease. There is a blind from last season there and I kayaked over to it to see if it was tagged last season. It was but how do you determine if it is riparian or non-riparian? I looked at sticker and it just stated stationary blind but no other info. Can I call state and ask them if it is riparian? The reason I want to know is because to lease property I would like to be on both sides of river. If it is either I would like to contact blind owner and talk about specifics. Thanks and happy offseason!

#4 ·
Thanks Neck! I have heard that the VDGIF does not have a computer system set up for tracking blind numbers and locations. I will give them a call Monday and see what they say! Thanks again

#5 ·
Is the blind on land or water ? If water get the GPS numbers too . I bet the CPO can look it up on the truck laptop .

:huh: LD

#8 ·
There is only one kind of Riparian blind license , no matter if it is the land owner , someone the owner gave permission to , or someone that paid for the rights .

:smile: LD :wink:

#11 ·
I looked at sticker and it just stated stationary blind but no other info.
What color was this sticker for someone said in another thread a long time ago that a rip has a different color then a non-rip .
I have a piece of property east of 95 that I am thinking about leasing next season and there is a marsh surrounded by water on all sides across the river from the lease.
The island marsh is own by the same owner that owns the bank on the other side of the river would be my guess . Go to the county clerk office and have a look at the tax maps or go to the county website and look for Cadastral Maps to find out for sure . Blind on marsh must be a Rip on second year tagging .
I would like to contact blind owner and talk about specifics.
The owner of marsh should have that info and if not has the power to make you the blind spot owner .

The questions you are having dealing with blind laws is why I don't hunt rivers , here on big water one only has to deal with half the people . On a river you could find a land owner that will rent a blind site out while across the water the land owner hates hunting and puts up a blind on the offshore side of a marsh island . I hope that isn't what is going on but it is something to check out now before the handshake .
Good Luck !

:smile: LD :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.