Duck Hunting Forum banner

Back from Deployment...and leaving soon

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  lbhansford 
#1 ·
Hey fella's, well I'm off the ship I spent the last 6 months on floating around the Med. Still down here in FL for another 2 weeks before I return to Norfolk. Glad to be back and looking forward to next fall already. However, I will not be hunting the waters of VA next year, and from what I have seen on the forums enjoying the Sunday hunting I think I read that passed finally. I got new orders while I was out on deployment, and I transfer in September back down to Jacksonville for at least the next 3 years. I'm stoked about it and getting back to the wife permanently. We are looking to buy a house down there and I'm already prepping for next season since I missed all of this past season.

Already picked up a new duck boat since I sold the Phowler last year. I'll be roaming the waters down here in a MoMarsh Fatboy DP with a 7hp Stumpjumper. That is the perfect boat set up for hunting 90% of FL. No more blind laws for me fella's!

I had some good times in VA, and will miss some of the guys as well, but I do plan to return to hunt here and there when I can. Since I missed all of last season, a couple buddies of mine and I are planning a trip for October for a week of waterfowl hunting in North Dakota. Looking forward to that fun.

Well fella's...see some of you in a couple weeks. Might have to organize another skeet/trap shoot soon! :beer:

See less See more
#7 ·
Sounds good man. I'm thinking we might have to try another mud run. I will be bringing my new boat, MoMarsh Fatboy DP with a 7hp stumpjumper on it up with me when i get back from leave in early May. Bringing it up here to get it ready for next season. It's a little boat, but from what i have heard, do great in the mud and marsh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.