Va Snow

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, callncut, Ichabod97, fowl mouth

Va Snow

Postby 11-87 Va » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:45 am

Well boys, we have another 5 inches on the ground. Will winter ever end :huh: I will say, it beats mowing grass :thumbsup:
I am second
11-87 Va
hunter

Re: Va Snow

Postby Ichabod97 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:51 am

i am hoping the snow/cold weather stops before i head back up there next weekend. Forecast for cool temps doesn't look good. Maybe the Florida warmth will follow me north.
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Modified Scissor Blind ppt

imaduckin up north wrote:There aint no ducks in VA
Ichabod97
State Moderator

Postby fowl mouth » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:16 am

Ichabod97 wrote:i am hoping the snow/cold weather stops before i head back up there next weekend. Forecast for cool temps doesn't look good. Maybe the Florida warmth will follow me north.

we can only hope! :bow:
Liberty '14-Broadcasting/Digital Media
DUCKHILL BEAU
What a man will do for a duck
#SOMEDUCKSINVA
fowl mouth
State Moderator

Postby LEWDOG » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:47 am

Here in the flat land we got 2"s of rain on top of the water from the melting snow of last week . I no longer can see all the deep mud holes of my driveway that we have made this winter due to the body of water that is 900' L by 25' W :yes: . The wash job all this water is doing to my yard today will have the grass popping come next week wind and sunny days . I dang sure don't want to see anymore snow no time soon and a wet woods is good for walking in for a chance for the ZZtop bird :thumbsup:

:wink: LD :smile:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby skydog » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:48 pm

11-87 Va wrote:Well boys, we have another 5 inches on the ground. Will winter ever end :huh: I will say, it beats mowing grass :thumbsup:

You got a point there. My grass has popped over the past week...not looking forward to mowing this week
skydog
hunter

Postby 11-87 Va » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:30 pm

Well..... It has begun :sad: :sad: I got the mower out and made a few laps this evening :sad: :sad: Dang. I seems to get earlier, and earlier every year.
I am second
11-87 Va
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting