Duck Hunting Forum banner

New duck huntin rig

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Ichabod97 
#1 ·
Got a new to me boat for next season. Anybody know or have for sale a boat blind I can get for a 16 footer for about $200-$300?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Good boat to chase birds in and $100.00 worth of material could build a fixed blind to go on that boat that would outlast and out hunt anything mass produce to fit any 16 footer . Before you tell me that you have to tow the boat and the cost of gas ......... I here to say it tows better and you kill more for the buck . OK so I can say I tried , enjoy the boat .

:hammer: LD :yes:

#3 ·
You could build you own blind for that much or less and build it to suit the boat and your needs. I have always made homemade custom blinds for the boats I have had over the past couple years. They are not hard to do. I have a powerpoint presentation link in my signature that shows step by step how we made my first scissor blind on my 1436 I had about 5 years ago.

Looks like you are not too far of a drive from me, so if you need some help, a pipe bender, just let me know i'll come and help you out.

#7 ·
Ichabod97 said:
You could build you own blind for that much or less and build it to suit the boat and your needs. I have always made homemade custom blinds for the boats I have had over the past couple years. They are not hard to do. I have a powerpoint presentation link in my signature that shows step by step how we made my first scissor blind on my 1436 I had about 5 years ago.

Looks like you are not too far of a drive from me, so if you need some help, a pipe bender, just let me know i'll come and help you out.
The blind that Ichabod97 built is a sweet setup and much nicer than what I put together. I hadn't seen his blind build when I built the one on my little boat. I'f you're willing to spend a few hundred I think you would be much better off with a setup like his. That being said I just bent conduit around the outer edges of my boat and they pivot in the middle. With that setup the blind doesn't sit up very high.( Half the width of the boat, taller in the back then shorter toward the front) I just wore a pair of older waders on and sat on a cushion in the floor of the boat. I'll try to find a picture of when I set it up. It worked just fine but I was 20 at the time and didn't mind sitting in the floor.

I built a Gator Duckhunter the next year and haven't used the 12' boat since. If you want the blind frame I'll take it off and meet you somewhere.( Free ) I may even have some Avery blind material that you may be able to use, if it's not dry rotted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.