2014 Virginia Waterfowling Workshop

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, fowl mouth, callncut

2014 Virginia Waterfowling Workshop

Postby goosesmacker » Mon May 12, 2014 5:40 pm

No matters how years of waterfowling experience you have
-
There’s always something for you to learn!

19 hours of Education – 6 Meals – Lodging

Daytime Classes – Nighttime Activities & Classes

Door Prizes will be given away at each meal

The Virginia Waterfowlers’ Association, 4H Holiday Lake Educational Center and the Virginia Department of Game & Inland Fisheries will host the 2014 Virginia Waterfowl Hunting Workshop in Appomattox, VA. The event will take place September 26-28. 2014 at the 4H Holiday Lake Educational Center in Appomattox,VA. The workshop provides participants of ages12-90, the opportunity to 18 hands-on classes.

The participants will be provided lodging, meals, courses and evening mini classes & activities. The weekend workshop is designed to introduce beginners and improve experienced hunters knowledge, skills and confidence.

The event has been EXPANDED AGAIN, offering more than the past
!

For more information contact the Holiday Lake 4H Center at (434) 248-5444 or email http://www.holidaylake4h.com
goosesmacker
hunter

Re: 2014 Virginia Waterfowling Workshop

Postby goosesmacker » Tue May 20, 2014 8:44 pm

As part of the expansion, an additional shotgun shooting class will be added to the format this year. All participants of the event are encouraged to bring their shotguns.
goosesmacker
hunter

Postby goosesmacker » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:24 am

This event benefits the participants and help support the 4H. All monies collected go to the 4H.

To The Top... For a good cause.
goosesmacker
hunter

Postby goosesmacker » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:13 pm

Taking it to the top. At this point over 30 door prizes are available. Many valued over $30.

If you have not sign - What are you waiting for!!

Once a Virginia DU chair stated : This weekend event, I learned I was never too old to learn someting new! :beer: :beer:

No matter how many years of waterfowling experience you have, there will be something there for you to learn.
goosesmacker
hunter

Postby goosesmacker » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:57 pm

If you are intended in improving your wing shooting skills, per participants' surveys, there has never been an unsatisfied participant.

Wishing everyone a Happy & Safe 4th. Of July weekend!!
goosesmacker
hunter

Postby goosesmacker » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:47 pm

goosesmacker wrote:Taking it to the top. At this point over 30 door prizes are available. Many valued over $30.

If you have not sign - What are you waiting for!!

Once a Virginia DU chair stated : This weekend event, I learned I was never too old to learn someting new! :beer: :beer:

No matter how many years of waterfowling experience you have, there will be something there for you to learn.

As of today, over 40 door prizes have been donated to the 4H for this event. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
goosesmacker
hunter

Postby goosesmacker » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:25 pm

To the top fellows. The workshop is shortly after the September Goose season.
goosesmacker
hunter

Postby pothole hunter » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:05 am

Thinking of taking my son does any one whos been before have any feed back
pothole hunter
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:11 am

I'm not sure if the workshop weekend is better at making supper dads or kid pro's but I do know that you both will end the last day wishing it was a week long . There is a good chance that the smile on the boy will flare every bird he sees the week after . The one on one that is given each kid or for that much each participant is worth 10 guided hunts . The 4-H center and every meal is top notch with that hunting lodge feeling . I know of one boy that went through the workshop decoy class went home and asked for the materials and tools for caring and took first place in the Jr. div. at RRWS contest .
Hope to see you there !!!

:thumbsup: LD :yes:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby pothole hunter » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:55 pm

Thanks lewdog im over seas right now and am going to do my best to be there if im home in time sounds awsome
pothole hunter
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting