Duck Hunting Forum banner

Underwater tree cutting?

6K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  gooosehunter 
#1 ·
Any suggestions on cutting some submerged logs and stumps.

I hunt a mean swamp that is full of downed trees. The timber has been underwater for 50+ years and is solid. I have been dragging / pushing a flat bottom over stumps and logs with my sons in it to get to the spot but now on my 3rd knee surgery I am looking to solve the problem instead of going over it the hard way. I can't get a tractor close enough to drag or pull the stumps and logs.

I had thought of a pole saw attachment to a weed eater. I need to cut in a debt of 6 inches to 2 feet max.

#7 ·
Make a A frame so you can use a come a long to lift each end and 4 or more 55 GL drums to float the logs out . You might want to look into selling those logs .

:thumbsup: LD :wink:

#8 ·
Dont get bit. If you can recruit the muscle I'd recommend an actual saw blade for underwater cutting.Its just good to have a safer surer go to like a good handsaw or a dual crosscut saw that would work for sure but they are twice as dangerous. You wont be able to pull everything. If they are some nice logs and you can float them Out sell them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.