Duck Hunting Forum banner

Anyone interest in getting a dog training group together?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  steelbull85 
#1 ·
Just as the title says, would any of you guys have an interest in getting together for some mock hunts over the summer to freshen up our dogs. If we got some guys together to buy some farm raised ducks it would be a great way to get the kinks out of our dogs before opening day. If anyone is interested give me a call or text at 703 963 3938. I'm located in fredericksburg va
-Logan

#2 ·
Rappahannock Retriever Club
Tidewater Retriever Club
Old Dominion Retriever Club
James River Hunting Retriever Club
Mid-Atlantic Hunting Retriever Club
East Carolina Hunting Retriever Club
Labrador Retriever Club of the Potomac

Outside of that...... I'm in Ashland area and always looking for new people and places to train with.

#7 ·
lil_shawn1990 said:
Hey cutem. Im on quantico and I'd be interested. I am training my first dog and sure could use some time around other trainers. Also what retriever club out of those list of names are the closest to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Awesome, how old is your pup? and rappahanock river retriever club would be closest. they meet the first sunday of every month. meetings are held at shady grove kennels. i have a few fields that i train out of as well as my blinds, give me a shout this week and we can do a little work with the dogs

#8 ·
cut-emnova said:
lil_shawn1990 said:
Hey cutem. Im on quantico and I'd be interested. I am training my first dog and sure could use some time around other trainers. Also what retriever club out of those list of names are the closest to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Awesome, how old is your pup? and rappahanock river retriever club would be closest. they meet the first sunday of every month. meetings are held at shady grove kennels. i have a few fields that i train out of as well as my blinds, give me a shout this week and we can do a little work with the dogs
My dog is a year old and way behind. Im an inexperienced trainer so im way behind as well. Like I said earlier, I just need to spend some time with other dogs and trainers to see what I need to work on. Im currently doing the dokken gun dog program. The book and dvd. Sorry for not txting you yet, just been kind of busy lately at work.

#9 ·
Hey guys, I would be interested in this also. Getting my new lab pup on August 16th. I probably won't be using her this year since she will be pretty young still when season comes around, and I don't want to rush her. I live in Bristow and wouldn't be that far away. Hoping to do some hunting down at quantico this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.