Duck Hunting Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

About to buy a rig but need to line-up a partner or two

3K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  recoil slinger 
#1 ·
I recently moved to the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. I am 26 and an avid hunter. I am looking to buy a 15'+ duck boat and get it all decked out before season, however i left all my hunting buddies in Ohio and dont know anyone to hunt with. As we all know waterfowling is best with a couple people especially in a boat. Im new to diver hunting and all my experience is with puddlers. Im just looking for someone within 50 miles of Hampton roads that is experienced and would want to join me on some outings. Thanks!

#2 ·
I'm transferring out of the Hampton Roads area back to FL the first week of October. Hunted 2 seasons up here and originally born/raised and started hunting in Ohio. I could point you in the right direction if you wanted to meet up sometime for a beer or something.

VA has a ton of laws for waterfowling here, so get familiar with them to avoid getting a ticket or a visit from Mr. Green Jeans.

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting/

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wildlife/waterfowl/

The blind laws make it very tough for new guys here, so get very familiar with them.

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting/re ... d-laws.asp

Good luck this season and prepare to fork out some cash to hunt in this :censored: state. It is a greedy one that likes to nickel and dime you for everything.

Oh...and don't forget to put in for your quota hunts. The Princess Anne blind stakes are your best bet for new guys that don't have a lease or private blinds.

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting/quotahunts/

#4 ·
its virginia, love it or leave it, get tired of comeheres pissin and moanin bout this state. ya we arent a pampered state by DU like california or the midwest , hunt what we have and get over it :fingerpt:

#8 ·
Duck Diver said:
You better get used to the "comeheres" telling you what to do in "your" state.

That crowd up in N. VA didn't grow up there and they sure are influencing state policy w/ money/votes.
my comment had nothing to do with whos running the state, it concerns comeheres that move in and are dissapointed in our waterfowl laws , amount of waterfowl and opportunitys that suit them. ive lived here all my life and find it hard to hunt sometimes as well as other people who grow up here. but we put in years of scouting , dissapointments , and aggravation that goes with waterfowling. we dont start pissin and moanin because it dont happen in a year or two. for those who try hard and accept this state for what it is then i applaud you, but dont waltz in here and start badmouthing va cause you cant get er done

#9 ·
imaduckin up north said:
Duck Diver said:

That crowd up in N. VA didn't grow up there and they sure are influencing state policy w/ money/votes.
my comment had nothing to do with whos running the state, it concerns comeheres that move in and are dissapointed in our waterfowl laws , amount of waterfowl and opportunitys that suit them. ive lived here all my life and find it hard to hunt sometimes as well as other people who grow up here. but we put in years of scouting , dissapointments , and aggravation that goes with waterfowling. we dont start pissin and moanin because it dont happen in a year or two. for those who try hard and accept this state for what it is then i applaud you, but dont waltz in here and start badmouthing va cause you cant get er done
Born and raised here - I welcome new thoughts on many subjects not just our waterfowling opportunity. This state could be a lot better in many ways.

You like the good ole boy laws, enjoy them while they last

#10 ·
Pissin and moanin? Your the only one who's done such a thing, bitchin and moaning about the "comeheres". That's the way it is everywhere now-a-days. Trust me, I don't like it, I wish I had all my original big whitetail property in my home state of Ohio but I have lost half of it to " COMEHERES". I moved here because I got offered a good job here, is it my fault? No. Id rather be in Ohio. I just stated that I agree the laws are intricate. Lot to learn about the laws, much more guidelines to follow. In my mind "a little ridiculous" but I'm a law abiding citizen so its nothing to worry about. My bad I'm a "comehere" because a company in this state wanted me to relocate.

#12 ·
FTLOG can we get this thread back on subject ? This boat you are planning on sounds like a good puddle duck boat , you might want to get one of size of bay open water . Being new to a area one will have to scout for grass beds for divers , after the morning hunt one will need to run away from the ramp to scout for puddle ducks with no blinds . Weather will change like the tides and one can always down size at home but never upscale on the water .

I have lived 57 years within a 5 mile area other then 4 years in the military and started hunting waterfowl at age 10 and I'm here to tell you all blind law will last one day longer then our right to hunt ducks . With that said Immel PM me come hunting time and we will down some birds .

:huh: LD :wink:

#13 ·
Immel07 said:
Pissin and moanin? Your the only one who's done such a thing, bitchin and moaning about the "comeheres". That's the way it is everywhere now-a-days. Trust me, I don't like it, I wish I had all my original big whitetail property in my home state of Ohio but I have lost half of it to " COMEHERES". I moved here because I got offered a good job here, is it my fault? No. Id rather be in Ohio. I just stated that I agree the laws are intricate. Lot to learn about the laws, much more guidelines to follow. In my mind "a little ridiculous" but I'm a law abiding citizen so its nothing to worry about. My bad I'm a "comehere" because a company in this state wanted me to relocate.
3 posts and you know all about me huh ,

#17 ·
imaduckin up north said:
Duck Diver said:

Is this some kind of alternate reality? Every third post of yours is a complaint, and every fourth one is a promise... err... threat to quit outright because of how tough it is to kill birds in this state.

#19 ·
I'm just sayin'...

imaduckin up north said:
Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:05 pm official hunting report from lake anna, dot dot dit dit dot dit
the lake was severely overcrowded with buffleheads im talking steady flights of 50 or more passing by, in other news we saw 4 mallards and got 2 of those. should have been 4 but on the first 2 trigger pulls my gun went click click. so im goin to change my name to imanotduckin up north no more. ive had enough, dont try and talk me out of it i quit :mad:
imaduckin up north said:
Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:22 pm for those who try hard and accept this state for what it is then i applaud you, but dont waltz in here and start badmouthing va cause you cant get er done
1- piss and moan about not being able to "get er done"
2- piss and moan about *other people* pissing and moaning about not being able to "get er done" (people who, by the way, haven't had 2% of the time to get things figured out that you have)
3- ?

#23 ·
imaduckin up north said:
Immel07 said:
3 posts and you know all about me huh ,
It doest take long to smell a idiot

#24 ·
are you callin me an idiot, amazes me how brave people are on the internet, feel free to call me that in person and oh by the way F--K YOU, ok yall can ban me now

#26 ·
imaduckin up north said:
are you callin me an idiot, amazes me how brave people are on the internet, feel free to call me that in person and oh by the way F--K YOU, ok yall can ban me now
Listen here imma punkin.. cant take a little ribbin? Grow a pair of stones. Oh thats right your to busy tossing them at knewbies. And im your huckleberry. Make sure your obama care is up to date along with your aarp card and your I falling and cant get up necklace

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.