New to the site (from Prince George VA)

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

New to the site (from Prince George VA)

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:49 am

Hey guys, i am new to this site and i just saw how alot of yall hunt in the same area. Just wanted to see who would be interested in trading some hunts. I hunt almost every day durning the season and it is really nice when you can change up and hunt somewhere new. Let me know who is interested and we will go from there.
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:44 am

Welcome to "da site" fowler22, kind of new here myself , site seems to be a bit slow now but I'm sure it will be picking up as the season gets closer. :laughing: I hunt out of a floater on the James and Chick and have one fellow I hunt with, he can not always go so I'd love to find someone else to hunt with . I only hunt sats. and holidays with a few single days during the week as I have several days of vacation I hold back for when it gets right :thumbsup: Maybe we can hook up and do some "waxing"...... never know...... after all, we are brothers in de sport :salude:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:30 am

hey man sounds great. I have 3 blinds on the river that are mine and i have 3 or 4 swamps that i hunt. I am looking at trying to get more places to hunt this year. I am going to talk to a buddy about leasing some fields from him, so i can pound on some geese from my new field blind. well i guess we will have to see how things go. I am always looking for a hunting buddy because i have 3 to 4 days a week i can hunt. :salude: talk to you lata
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:36 pm

Man, wher do you get all that time :eek: :eek: My chain does not reach that far..... 5 more years....5 more years :salude: Hope it all works out on the lease as you can never have enough spots :thumbsup: You are living in the middle of "duck city " down in that part of the world. Do you ever get up into the Chick? and again welcome ...and tell your buddies about this site....seems to be a good-un :salude:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:44 pm

yea i live right at the benjerman harrison bridge, so i am lucky i can shoot geese and ducks out of my back yard. I have hunted the chick before but it was about 7 to 8 years ago when my best friends dad use to take us. I got soo much time because i am a college student. (and i bust my AZZ all summer.) So i usually dont have to work durning waterfowl season. I will be sure to tell all my friends about this site. So far i like it.

Are there any other people in the tri-cities area that are in this chat room.
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:12 pm

Cool fowler22, you are living in a great spot. Ever mess around tar bay? :thumbsup: That's a great piece of water ...to call home You are a lucky guy :salude:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:24 pm

yes i sure do. I have a blind on the point of tar bay and airport bay. We get to shoot at our fair share of ducks and geese. When the weather is right its a great spot. We have limited out there numberous times with 4 to 5 hunters in the blind.
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:49 pm

Throw my name in the hat for switch hunts , I can't say if you will find ducks here but planty of new spots to try for them . I plan to hunt more seaducks then anything else , have you done any of that there ?

:cool: LD :cool:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby blkdux » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:06 pm

The salt water is almost as good as the fresh, almost. I am starting to hunt divers pretty hard this year. Got my boat blind ready to go. Tar bay must have been pretty good last year. The wild life refuge kept most of my ducks from corssing the james to their demise. But that happens every year........... Well sort of.
If you can't run the call you have, don't !! Get some lessons, it will help us all.
blkdux
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:13 pm

Naw man i have never tried seaduck hunting. That sounds like a ton of fun, we will have to get together this hunting season and see how it goes. Where is mathews va
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:26 pm

Mathews is as far east one can go and still be hunting the Chesapeake Bay or 14 miles west of Cape Charles . The best thing to say about seaduck hunting is "your hands will never get cold as long as you are on the hunt " .

:yes: LD :yes:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby cut_un » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:18 pm

Ld, hope you are going to hold me a spot on the wagon wheel on Ambush. I'm in for some serious bangin :thumbsup:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:50 pm

heck yea man we are gonna have to get together and hunt.
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby duksndeerhntr » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:11 pm

Hey there fellers,
i too am from the PG area and have been knows to bust a few ducks and the occasional farm goose with with my good buddy vah20fowler22. Cut_un where abouts on the chick do you hunt. I have heard of some people having a lot of luck on the lake but i havnt heard of anything on the river.
duksndeerhntr
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:04 am

Hello duk&deer, glad you are on this thing talkin duck! You two guys are down in de heart of duck and goose country! yes, some of my huntin is down the the mouth of de river(Chick) and into the "mighty James"..... lot's of fowl and lots of fowlers too :salude: You two guys ever put in at Hopewell and head up river??? The James I mean. Oh! ever do any bangin up the App???

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:26 pm

Well well look who joined. :welcome: Thats was one funny day when you shot that farm goose thinking it was a blue. Anyway we got to decide if we are building 2 or 3 new blinds this year. I think that we are gonna have to get up with cut_un and let him come hunt in the creek with us.
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting