Duck Hunting Forum banner

Calls for this year

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  blkdux 
#1 ·
Ok tried this once and no one replied.

What calls are y'all planning on using this year.

I think i am gonna stick with my Sean Mann Timbertalker that i modified, and as a backup call a RNT quackhead.

As far as goose i think i am gonna start sept off with my RNT quackhead goozilla and also keep my sean mann shorty close by.

For snow goose the Glynn Scoby is a easy to blow and very user friendly call. I mean in this area who really spends time playing with snow goose calls, or snow geese in general

#8 ·
Vafowler, always been hooked on my Sean Manns' "big river" Flute call for goose, :cool: the prettiest call made, :eek: Glenn Scolby(however his last name is spelled). short reed to change up. If I were going to buy another new call , after the calling contest ,it would be Watkins all de way :thumbsup:

#9 ·
I have a few blinds on the james and some beaver ponds around for big ducks. Some time is spent on the eastern shore for divers as well as the Rapp. Where ever the birds are I try to go. Got some family in LA so I head south for some rice field hunting along the way.

#12 ·
Well my K-mart call has been a good call and will be around my neck this year as well , but I have been telling Salty Ducks now for two seasons that I was going to get one of his . It's time to get off the pot and go and pick out my Watkins before the price of those calls goes up now that one of his took the state calling contest . I mean anyone can blow on a call , but only the maker can put the duck into it :thumbsup: .

:hammering: LD :hammering:

#13 ·
LD, maybe you could run your call by Brians' and have him refinish it! If you get caught in a heary rain, that thing will get waterlogged and sink de boat :umm: :laughing: Just kidding buddy, I'd like to have a dollar for ever duck you have missed with that ca*& ,I mean killed using that call :salude: You can't knock um when they are tried and true.... Like and pair old shoes, just feels good when it's around ya neck :laughing:

#14 ·
Those Watkins calls might have to go up in price. All the callers at the contest sounded good. Real good I might add. The thing I like about the calls are well the swamp bore the most, it is pure duck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.