It is almost time

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, callncut, Ichabod97

It is almost time

Postby blkdux » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:20 pm

Well it is almost here. I hope everyone has a few good spots picked out for the geese and the doves. None of my corn is cut yet but the chick lake is holding a few geese. The weeds are so bad though we had to get a mud motor to get through it. I have seen a few birds on the james but not as many as I thought I would. If yall see any hanging around send them my way................. I will send a few back? Good luck to all!!! Going to try the new Federal shells out, will let yall know how they do.

:salude: :getdown: :thumbsup:
If you can't run the call you have, don't !! Get some lessons, it will help us all.
blkdux
hunter

Postby cut_un » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:28 pm

BD, where are you huntin???? If you shoot like you call, I may as well stay home :eek: :eek:
Been keeping an eye on a few local gees and they are just starting to move around now, the young are just getting ready for the party..at my house :salude:
Noticed this week a fellow cutting solage so all the stars are aligning. Man, I'm ready to hit the river.
Heading down to Rock-a- Hock next weekend (camping ) and will hit the upper Chick and the Lake. after that trip, "de blind" will get put on de boat Next step, try to fill it up with feathers :getdown: :getdown:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:14 pm

i dont think that the corn is gonna be cut for opening day of the early season. However i spotted a field today while truck training that was full of geese. Plus yesterday i talk to the man that runs the golf course and he is gonaa let me shoot some of the birds that are giving him trouble. So i got 2 maybe 3 hunts right there. not gonna be much sport to this birds, but will be good practice shooting out of the layout blind.
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby blkdux » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:22 pm

Some times we have to take what we can get. I got one hunt lined up for the first sat. Will have to see about the rest. Might go to the shore and try them for a day or so. We will have to see. Gas+boat+full size Z71 means $$$$$$$$$$$$. But if the birds are there it might be worth it.
If you can't run the call you have, don't !! Get some lessons, it will help us all.
blkdux
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting