Last day of the early season

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, Ichabod97, callncut

Last day of the early season

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:45 pm

Ok after a horrible morning of rough water in a floater, we didnt kill a bird. Trying to be adaptive we headed out to the corn fields scouting. Saw lots of corn but little geese. Then my phone rang. One of the younger guys that i look out for and whos family has been great to me over the years for letting me hunt and fish, called. And reported geese. After rounding up all our things. We went to a private boat ramp that was in his back yard. The river was very rough because the wind was blowing. Boy i was pitching a fit. I wasnt goona go. But duksndeerhntr(aka Rainer) wanted to go bad, and thats my little buddy so i went cussing the whole way. We got there and set out our 24 GHG decoys and set up the new floater rig. (Which i will add is a bad butt blind, that i really like) :salude: Rainer lookeed at me and said i bet we dont see a single goose. I said i bet you are right, but we are hunting and that beats doing anything else. Me and Rainer where both kinda falling off to see. And Hunter my other buddy that mad it home form school to hunt said are those geese. Rainer looked and goes i think soo. I said yea right and, rainer started calling and pushing me to do the same. Anyway to make a long story short we had a great day.

We had a great day and it is one that will never beforgotten!!!!got ten of them big old birds

PS. i dont know how you guys can hunt out of a floater. It was rocking and we where shooting everywhere. Anyway we got 10 geese and got a hunt that will be in my mind forever.
Last edited by vah2ofowler22 on Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby cut_un » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:34 pm

Good story vafowler, sounds like you guys did the job :salude: Nice pics also :thumbsup:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby Kessler » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:06 pm

WOW,Whos the skinny guy on the left with the sexy knees? :yes:
:umm:
Great job on the birds!
:thumbsup:
Keep working......................
Millions on welfare depend on you!!!!!!!!
Aint that right Jesse!?

VAWFA member
Kessler
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:16 pm

Hold on a min, thats me!!!!!!! :pissed: Whats that mean. :toofunny:

Yea it was a long warm day, of course i was gonna wear shorts, heck i wear short til late dec early Jan, under my waders.
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby cut_un » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:03 am

Fowler, you guys had a great start to the season :salude: You and "the buds" did your part in wackin the black necks :getdown: I know all the little while ball chasers down Rivers Bend are thanking you :thumbsup:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting