Decoys???????????????

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

Decoys???????????????

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:25 pm

Ok i want to see what everyone likes as far as decoys!!!!!

I am sure by now everyone knows what decoys i like and use. But if not, and you didnt see them in the picture, and notice that 23 geese have been fooled already, i will tell you
AVERY GREENHEAD GEAR

just wish they would start flocking the heads on some duck decoys
Last edited by vah2ofowler22 on Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby duksndeerhntr » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:05 pm

Another good question for mr vah20fowler iswhat is his favorite floating blind? and also home many times in one day did he tell me that my blind was his favorite? :toofunny:
git-r-done PG styles
duksndeerhntr
hunter

Postby cut_un » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:36 am

I must say fowler, I have a bit of this and a bit of that, but your are using a dek that IS hard to beat! Not a bad price , you DO get a lot for your buck! I throw out a couple doz myself :salude:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:55 am

thats really the only kind of deeks ill buy :yes:
diver-hunter
hunter

Postby VARINA » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:50 am

This is not a SPAM attempt for AVERY

From my prior experience with postings & Pm's to Avery. Avery likes to get as much feedback as they can from active waterfowlers. :thumbsup:

I was impressed with them. If any of you need the correct hyper link. send me a PM?

I encourage all of you to provide all of the waterfowling manufactures with feedback.

Varina :cool:
--------------------
www.vawfa.org :thumbsup:
Last edited by VARINA on Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
VARINA
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:00 am

Yea i hate to admit it. But i would love to be a prostaffer. I have filled out the application for avery, and after 2 weeks have heard nothing. I have some really great ideas, but i am not gonna just give them away.

Aslo ducks n deer has an awesome floater. IT TRUELY IS BEST I HAVE EVER HUNTED. Its by the people that make flextone calls.
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby VARINA » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:13 am

VAH2OFOWLER22,

I am not a Pro-Staffer, nor do I work for Avery. When ever I have posted or emailed Avery, they have responded quickly. In the past, I have had an Pro-Staffer called me to chat, because Avery cared for about their customer.

My prior posting on here, was to encourage my fellow Duck Hunting Chat members to give manufactures some feedback.

---------------------
VARINA
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:56 am

I know. I never thought that you were. I dont think Avery even has a VA prostaffer.
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby VARINA » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:23 am

VAH2OFOWLER22,
Avery has a couple prostaffers in VA. The one that called me lives in VA, Super nice guy.

Hey, How big is your Tracker boat? I was thinking about buying one, but I think I am going with the 23' SeaArk.

--------------------
VARINA
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:04 pm

Its the Grizzly 2072cc, its not much of a boat its a barge. :toofunny: I love it. I got a 115 merc on it and she will fly. Its the best boat i have ever hunted out of. Doesnt do well in the creek.
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby MIKE J. » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:52 pm

vah20fowler, What kind of blind are you using on your rig?? I have a G3 2072CC with a 115 yamaha, I agree, gotta take your time in the skinny water, Love the boat, just going on my second season with it and I'm looking for a better blind. Mike
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:02 pm

I dont have one for my boat yet. We hunted out of ducks n deers boat. Its hard to find one for this big of boat without paying an arm and a leg. I have plans to build one next year using tube steel. Should be nice. I can afford a new decoy trailer and a boat blind all in one year. ( ANYONE GOT A 10-12 FT TRAILER FOR SALE)
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby MIKE J. » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:16 pm

vah20fowler,
tried the do it yourself blind last year, so much area to cover, I ended up breaking the tubing several times from running across open water, rough ride etc. Even with it folded down, I'm looking at taking the plunge for the beavertail boat blind, I have spent a small fortune so far in equiping the boat for fishing and hunting, why stop now.

Oustanding job on your season so far.... keep the pictures coming. Mike
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby goosesmacker » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:16 pm

( ANYONE GOT A 10-12 FT TRAILER FOR SALE
[/quote]

Doubley's on Rt. 10 in Chester has the best prices on 6X12 enclosed with a 6' ceiling.

Hey wait a minute, is that a :spam: ?

:toofunny: :toofunny:

Oh never mind, just send me a PM. I purchased a 6X12 with a 7' ceiling two months ago. Believe me, I checked out every dealer within a 160 miles of Richmond. If you want to know? I still have the quotes from all of the dealers.
goosesmacker
hunter

Postby cut_un » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:19 pm

MJ, I too set up a new duck boat this off season. It truly is a hole in the water inwhich to dump "all" your money. and I love it :salude:
Worth the money?????????????? You dang right it is :thumbsup:
CRAZY,,,,,,, you dang right I am :getdown: :getdown:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:29 pm

I have said it once I will say it 1000 times a store bought blind looks like a store bought blind , build a fix blind on the boat and enjoy the dang thing for the life of the boat . Come fishing season take it off and cover it up from the sun , come fall put it back on and add natural cover . Weight is your friend , it makes the boat lower in the water and helps to break ice .

:yes: LD :yes:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby goosesmacker » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:35 pm

I'm looking at taking the plunge for the beavertail boat blind,

NOW YA TALKEN SON!

Anyone of the flip-over blinds will work well. Mudbuddy or Beavertail

I have used 5 different blinds on my Lowe 1960. The blind frame has to be 16' long to properly cover my boat. (Avery, Mudbuddy, Wiley's, Permanent & folding Grass) I sold the folding grass blind at the VAWFA Swap Meet for $25.

Goosesmacker :cool:
-----------------------
goosesmacker
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting