No Show of DU

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

No Show of DU

Postby goosesmacker » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:55 pm

Today, the Orvis Company, Inc. had the grand opening of their largest retail store in Richmond,VA. Orvis printed four page flyers advertizing that DucksUnlimited was going to have a booth and demonstrations at the new store from 9AM to 9PM, September 30th. thru October 2nd.
There was an article printed in the Richmond Times Dispatch, stating that Ducks Unlimited would be on hand at the Grand Opening from 9AM to 9 PM this weekend. Also, there was an advertizement in the Richmond Times Dispatch stating DU would be there this weekend.

Today, after driving for one and a half hours, I arrived at the store at 5:45 PM. There was no sign of DU ever being present.

No DU Banner
No demonstrations
No table or booth
No flyers, membership applications or literature
No member or representive from DU

This afternoon, I asked an employee of the Orvis store, if DU was present. She stated that Ducks Unlimited was not going to be there this weekend. So later on tonight, I called the store manager to find out what had happen. He stated that, DU might be there Saturday and for me to please give them a call.

Today, I was going to renew my membership.

As a long time member and supporter of DU, I am greatly disappointed. :pissed: :pissed:
goosesmacker
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:23 pm

Sorry to hear that. You can come to our DU dinner, enjoy a fine meal and a great afternoon of fun. Plus renew your membership
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:18 am

yea, they pretty much did the same thing at bass pro on the 24th of september. kinda pissed me off, but hey what can ya do (yea, comin from the mouth of someone living only 12 minutes away from bass-pro) :mrgreen:
diver-hunter
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:07 am

Can you believe that! I too have been a long time member, but thou I must admit, never been really invloved at the local level. Just never really 'heard the call" to borrow a phrase from my turkey huntin brothers :eek: just help um out ..in a small way ..year by year.

That's why I must say:

I'm a proud member of the VAWFA :welcome:

THEY got your back after all, we are local folks ,workin for local ducks Come join "de fun" :welcome:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:20 pm

hey, how do you join that club? ill join if i can find out how :laughing:
diver-hunter
hunter

Postby goosesmacker » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:04 pm

www.vawfa.org

Diver,
PM on the way.

Goosesmacker :cool:
goosesmacker
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:00 pm

diver-hunter wrote:yea, they pretty much did the same thing at bass pro on the 24th of september. kinda pissed me off, but hey what can ya do (yea, comin from the mouth of someone living only 12 minutes away from bass-pro) :mrgreen:

Man I know dang well I am Pee'd at them now , right along with BPS .
Here read this to see why : http://duckhuntingchat.com/viewtopic.php?p=65741#65741
We would have been there we had all kind of things plan to do that week end
:pissed: LD :pissed:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:49 pm

yea, what really pissed me off what all the BS they put on their website. they said something like "we will have stations around the store like little competitions of casting and stuff like that, and at the end of the day, the person with the best score at each station will recieve a $50 gift card."

i saw that, plus the DU stuff and i was like heck yea, ill be there all day. i went in and didnt see a darn thing. walked around the entire store, and nothing changed (i go about 3 times a week). then i was going out, and saw a sign of DU's. so i went over to it and it said "dog days at 1:30 PM" and thats it. so i figured maybe on sunday; nope not then either.

but even though they did that, i still cant say i dont like em. thats like the only place i go to besides work and in the woods hunting (or the marsh for ducks :smile:)....seriously :thumbsup:
diver-hunter
hunter

Postby VARINA » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:49 am

Hey Diver-hunter,
I stopped by the BassPro store yesterday. I asked a sales person about the past weekend with DU.

The BassPro salesperson didn't want to talk about. :laughing:
VARINA
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:16 pm

lol. who was the person you talked to? like what department, age, and maybe hair color. i bet i could give you a name :laughing: seriously i know like everyone that works there :toofunny:
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a 4x4.....we can skin a buck and run a trot line & A Country Boy Can Survive....- Hank Jr.

You do your thing, I'll do mine...- Montgomery Gentry
diver-hunter
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting