Anyone "sittin up a tree" this morning????

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

Anyone "sittin up a tree" this morning????

Postby cut_un » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:17 am

Wondering with the opening of bow/crossbow season this morning will one /some /all you guys that get after um this morning have a good report. I do a bit of hunting behind my house but will spend "my opening morning" workin in de yard!
BUT, I do like to hear a good story I know we like to talk duck on this thing but a good deer story is hard to beat so go and :salude: "get-er-done"
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:19 pm

well i just got home from work, and am headin out now :getdown: i doubt i will get anything, but hey nothin beats huntin :smile:
diver-hunter
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:18 pm

yea, dh, as you know , it only takes a few mins. for a plan to come together. Hope you see a few!
The only way i'd have killed one today is if it had tried to steal my rake :thumbsdown: :toofunny:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:34 pm

lol. well i walked around for about 3 hours, and didnt see any deer....i kinda wish i woulda bought some small game broadheads at bass pro the other day because i saw so many squirrels it wasent even funny. i was kinda tempted to shoot em with my deer broadheads, but kinda figured it would suck if i shot a squirrel and scared this big buck ive had my eye on for the past couple years. but hey, still had an excellent time, its huntin :yes:
diver-hunter
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:59 pm

it was a bit warm this evening but I know you had more fun than I did...in de yard :thumbsdown:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:42 pm

Finally got a chance to slip out behind the house this evening.... just been so busy. Around 5 p started to see deer moving around in 'de woods" and before long had does slipping along coming out of the swamp headed to my plot. :cool: Next came a spike followed by a small 4 or 6pt. The bigger bucks horns were real dark and could not really get a good look for a 'head count".... Could have killed either buck but looking for one as big or bigger that the one that I took of "my place" last year. He's around here and soon he will make that one mistake :thumbsup: and when he does, I'll be all over him :salude:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:57 pm

sweet. so far ive been out every day of the season, and have seen quite a few deer. missed a doe like the 3rd day, and see at least 2 almost every day. im kinda lookin for a medium or bigger doe or any buck. just tryin to get my first archery deer, then ill start huntin only bucks or huge does :smile:.....i planted my food plot exactly one week ago with biologic, and now its over 2 inches high or higher everywhere. man its sweeet. deer tracks everywhere :mrgreen:. i havent hunted it yet, but prob. will in a couple weeks :smile:
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a 4x4.....we can skin a buck and run a trot line & A Country Boy Can Survive....- Hank Jr.

You do your thing, I'll do mine...- Montgomery Gentry
diver-hunter
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:24 pm

Cool DH, things should be getting real interesting in the next few weeks! hang in there and "it will happen" :yes: :yes: Good Luck buddy :salude:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:10 am

I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a 4x4.....we can skin a buck and run a trot line & A Country Boy Can Survive....- Hank Jr.

You do your thing, I'll do mine...- Montgomery Gentry
diver-hunter
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting