Where's the water???

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

Where's the water???

Postby KAhunter » Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:59 pm

Went to scout some flooded timber on sat and the whole where we killed a good number of ducks last year had turkeys in it!!! no water whatsoever... i walked into the hole with tennis shoes on.. last year the water was waiste high... hopefully some food grew in there soo the birds will use it when the waters return... anyone else having this problem?
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:31 pm

Most of my hunting is big water but I did slip into a swamp I have access to hunt and it being a beaver pond,they were doing their thing. Come Thursday, should be business as usual. Hope you find some water. maybe we will get some rain :cool: :help: :cool: :help:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:43 pm

yea hopefully youll get your water back. i know around here its pretty dry....only 4 days untill the opener :eek: :smile: :mrgreen:
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a 4x4.....we can skin a buck and run a trot line & A Country Boy Can Survive....- Hank Jr.

You do your thing, I'll do mine...- Montgomery Gentry
diver-hunter
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting