Youth Day

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, fowl mouth, callncut

Youth Day

Postby goosesmacker » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:30 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are any of you guys taking a kid(s) to the VAWFA Youth Day Hunt?

Goosesmacker :cool:
---------------------
www.vawfa.org :thumbsup:
goosesmacker
hunter

Postby cut_un » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:52 pm

Smackdaddy, I'm a member of the Vawfa, can I get in on the fun. Is their anything that I could do? :thumbsup:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby goosesmacker » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:37 pm

You Bet Cut, we gonna have a blast.

Hey give me a buzz on the cel.
goosesmacker
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:04 am

what is considered youth? like 16 and under or something?
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a 4x4.....we can skin a buck and run a trot line & A Country Boy Can Survive....- Hank Jr.

You do your thing, I'll do mine...- Montgomery Gentry
diver-hunter
hunter

Postby VARINA » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:13 am

15 & under
VARINA
hunter

Postby cut_un » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:24 pm

DH, now getting old man, :welcome: to de club, you startin to feel what it's like to be "the old fart" :thumbsdown: Better get used to it..... it only gets worst :cool:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:42 pm

dang :toofunny: i have a friend that is only 14 and he wants to go out some time with me. do you think that i could legally take him out and let him hunt (and me just basicly guide him)?

ps, thanks for the info. i checked the dgif, but couldnt find what they considered "youth".
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a 4x4.....we can skin a buck and run a trot line & A Country Boy Can Survive....- Hank Jr.

diver-hunter
hunter

Postby cut_un » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:26 pm

DH, I think you would be able to make that hunt, do NOT know all the ends and outs, maybe someone will jump in with the info but I think as long as you do not have a gun, "it's a hunt". Hope we can get some more opinions as I want to to be legal and not get into trouble! :thumbsup:
Last edited by cut_un on Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:01 am

cool. any time you can go huntin is a good time :salude:

diver-hunter
hunter

Postby cut_un » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:13 pm

I know we have a few of the Vawfa guys involved with the youth hunting day "next sat". 10/22/05 . Just wondering if any one on this board will be 'taking a kid huntin". Maybe it's throught the Vawfa event or just taking (your child or someone you know ) :thumbsup:
Whichever, take a kid hunting and show him/she the sport we love soooo much

:salude:

I can't wait to see the gleam in "de eyes of de little man/girl as they watch the sky for the cupped wings of a decoying duck :laughing: :laughing: If we are lucky enough :getdown:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:02 pm

hey guys if yall are at Hog Island you have got to take care of my buddy Andy. I wanted to go and call for him, but i am gonnna be at the beach for my b-day.
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby goosesmacker » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:40 am

Guys,
I will be at the VAWFA event. Can't wait to see the look on the kids faces, when the ducks start flying before sunrise. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
goosesmacker
hunter

Postby cut_un » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:00 pm

Well de boys at the Vawfa have been busy, getting all "de ducks in a row" for the kids. Looks like the "duck Gods will be smiling on them as it's going to be "ducky" tomorrow morning. Rumor has it some kid will be going home woth a brand new shotgun too. How's that for just getting up and going duck huntin :getdown:
Don't know if any feathers will be drawn but I know "we" will eat good :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:38 pm

Well, the day came with a fog bank so thick you could cut it with a knife... only a few shots were fired but all saw fowl ...of some sort Just another day in "de duck blind" :cool: No, it was the youth day and even the weather could not hold back the enthusiasm and high sprits of a bunch of kids on a duck hunt!

You need to try to learn something new each and every day..... My thought of the day was at the hands of a young hunter, maybe 10 years old, when ask why waterfowl have leg bands?????? Should have know that one myself :help: Answer: Because it helps to hold their leg together :eek: :eek:
Yes, we learned alot, had some great food, shared a morning in 'de blind" with a bunch of kids/parents and shared in the thrill of a "duck hunt" and in my book.... a great way to spend the morning

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:42 pm

i tried to take my friend out, but he insisted in double teamin our deer huntin spot. we were got ready to start climbing down out of our stands, and i was about 5 feet down already, and what do ya know we spooked a deer less than 30 yards from my friends stand. i just looked at him and he was like what just happened? man it was crazy. then we stalked some but didnt see anything....it was a good day though :smile:

diver-hunter
hunter

Postby goosesmacker » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:46 pm

Yes, we learned alot, had some great food, shared a morning in 'de blind" with a bunch of kids/parents and shared in the thrill of a "duck hunt" and in my book.... a great way to spend the morning

Cut Un, we couldn't have asked for more fun. The kids had a grand time. I don't know who had the most fun the kids or the parents.

I do know the kids came out like BANDITS with the gifts & prizes.

A special thanks to the VAWFA sponsors who donated all the gifts & prizes. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great food and nobody left there hungry for sure. :laughing:

My hat off to the VAWFA officers & members who worked and prepared this event. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
goosesmacker
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting