How was your early goose season

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, h2ofowlr, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck

How was your early goose season

Postby 98ramtough » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:09 pm

How was everyone's early goose season? I got two but had to work awefully hard for them. I hunted up around the Chelan area. I did learn one thing from my new gun though, 3 1/2 " BBB 1550fps shells don't feel very good when your only wearing a teeshirt.....
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby birdgunner04 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:18 am

Hey your lucky you still have teeth. Those things are brutal! went out once got skunked. decided to hang some wood duck boxes instead and then dropped my new 19 volt cordless drill into the river. not a good start.
to all I toast (More ducks and better #$&%@)
birdgunner04
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:14 am

Yeah I didn't like those shells very much with a teeshirt... Was your drill at least a cheap craftsman or like? Hopefully it wasn't a better one like a dewalt. I just got a new dewalt XRP, things are pricey! You can probably just let it dry out and send it back or take it back to the store and get a new one...
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby birdgunner04 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:58 am

Its still there 25 ft down and Yeah it was a craftsman but my last one lasted longer than my dewalt. But not nearly the same power
birdgunner04
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting