Reflection Taxidermy *** Fraud outfit

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

Reflection Taxidermy *** Fraud outfit

Postby h2ofowlr » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:12 pm

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php?topic=155787.0

I sent my brant out to Jesse Palmer at Reflection Taxidermy in Eatonville, WA. Sent it to him April 2009, it was due in August, then Sept., Nov., Dec., Jan., etc. Now he has disconnected all his phones and doesn't respond via e-mail. Does anyone have any info on this guy. I placed a down payment and provided a dandy brant and he has taken the money and bird and run. Beware of this guy doing your mounts.
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Re: Reflection Taxidermy *** Fraud outfit

Postby rclare1223 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:37 pm

dude that sucks!im going through similar situation with a wood duck and the buck my wife shot this year.the worst part is its my cousin who has them.I feel for ya. :fingerhead:
ELK:1 4x5
DEER:1 spike
Mallard:6
Widgeon:4
Northern Shoveler:3
Geese:3
GWT:1
Grouse:1
Gadwal:2
Canvasback:1
Ringneck:1
Scaup:1
rclare1223
hunter

Postby FeatherFanatic » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:31 pm

i can swing by there if you want me too :hammer:
R.I.P Dusty miller
You can never have to much money, calls, guns or honey holes
FeatherFanatic
hunter

Postby Dustin07 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:59 pm

that does suck, but i'll knock on some wood that it pans out. the guy who had my snow goose was supposed to get it back to me last june for $350. couldn't reach him at all all summer till fall, then he said within a month. Oct, Nov, Dec. Finnally got it back in Jan and it was about $500. I wouldn't have paid him except someone else picked it up for me and paid the bill. :mad:

jake will bird dog this one for ya :hammer: :thumbsup:
Dustin07
hunter

Postby h2ofowlr » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:59 pm

I wish this was the case, but there seems to be several threads about this guy and outfit on several forums that I have found. He has screwed over a bunch of people in this state and out of state it appears.
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby FeatherFanatic » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:41 pm

I think ill swing in there and talk to him ill play it off like i want him to do a mount for me
R.I.P Dusty miller
You can never have to much money, calls, guns or honey holes
FeatherFanatic
hunter

Postby duckslayer727 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:56 am

h2ofowlr wrote:I wish this was the case, but there seems to be several threads about this guy and outfit on several forums that I have found. He has screwed over a bunch of people in this state and out of state it appears.

Since he has your migratory waterfowl, isn't it a federal crime? Maybe a call to the warden is in order???? Good luck, I had a guy do this to me years ago with a perfect GWT that I really wanted mounted. After two years of stalling he gave me my money back and had the balls to ask me if I still wanted the duck too, as it was still in his freezer untouched........ :mad:
Why does work always get in the way of hunting?
duckslayer727
hunter

Postby Dustin07 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:19 am

duckslayer727 wrote:
h2ofowlr wrote:I wish this was the case, but there seems to be several threads about this guy and outfit on several forums that I have found. He has screwed over a bunch of people in this state and out of state it appears.

Since he has your migratory waterfowl, isn't it a federal crime? Maybe a call to the warden is in order???? Good luck, I had a guy do this to me years ago with a perfect GWT that I really wanted mounted. After two years of stalling he gave me my money back and had the balls to ask me if I still wanted the duck too, as it was still in his freezer untouched........ :mad:

did you get your duck back?
Dustin07
hunter

Postby h2ofowlr » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:18 pm

Nope, the guy went MIA. I first have to figure out a way to locate him to get the bird and money back. A guy on a different forum thought he may have picked up shop and moved as he screwed over a bunch of people along with other taxidermists that sent him work from out of state based on the pictures he provided everyone. To bad the picture were of other peoples work.
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby duckslayer727 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:12 am

I told him he could keep the bird, I just wanted my money back, after 2 years I didn't think the bird would taste that good anymore..... :mad:
Why does work always get in the way of hunting?
duckslayer727
hunter

Postby nwtaxidermyguy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:44 pm

I talked to Jess's wife about the brant and snow goose/deer and she said he never recieved any snow goose or deer.

She said that he did get a brandt in, but it was after Mike Potter took over the business. Jess came down with Cancer and was sick for a good year. If anyone drives by his shop, its burned to the ground.
No phone if you have been trying to call Mike. Mike rents the shop (did) and owns Relection Taxidermy.

Not sure what they are doing right now since the building burnt. Anyone can go to google and search Sharon Palmer Arson and see the pictures, horrible.

Jess has mounted 25 wholesale jobs for me and never lost one or was late on any job. He has (to my knowledge) stopped working on projects about 1 year ago, that is when the cancer was discovered. He has recovered and is in Texas, but he does NOT own Reflection Taxidermy, Mike does. His number is not working as the entire shop was destroyed. I'm sure if jess reads this, he will make everything right, always has with me and the hundreds of customers he had with JP Taxidermy.
nwtaxidermyguy
Newb

Postby nwtaxidermyguy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:50 pm

Sorry guys, its Jess's X-wife. Its her property that burned and the taxidermy shop is the big metal building with no roof now.

Before people go blasting people, they should ask questions first. I have known Jess for 7 years and he did all my bear rugs and a few birds. I have never heard a bad thing about him. He sold his shop to Mike around May 2009 when he found out he had cancer. Saw him in the hospital a few times and did not know if he was going to make it, even though he said it was minor cancer.

Anyway, if you email me any information, I will see that it gets forward and he told me he would refund it, even though it was paid ($100 dep) to mike. He does not want any hard feelings and give him a break it was 2 years ago that he quit doing taxidermy, no wonder he has not gotten back to you, he told me he figured that mike had finished the job and it was done.

He has a new shop in Texas and I would send him anything and feel 100% guaranteed it would come back great. He does great work, even taught a school back 3-4 years ago.
Paul
nwtaxidermyguy
Newb

Postby greenhead_killer » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:57 pm

so you say he had quit doing taxidermy 2 years ago, when he got cancer, moved to texas, and now has opened another shop...anyone else smell something funny bout this? and failed to tell any of his customers about this for refund purposes or retrievel of their birds that they brought him...but has a new shop now and wants you to send ur money and birds to him still. wow! you got some balls sticking something like that in here. sounds like a big scam to me
greenhead_killer
hunter

Postby Tealer » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:58 pm

greenhead_killer wrote:so you say he had quit doing taxidermy 2 years ago, when he got cancer, moved to texas, and now has opened another shop...anyone else smell something funny bout this? and failed to tell any of his customers about this for refund purposes or retrievel of their birds that they brought him...but has a new shop now and wants you to send ur money and birds to him still. wow! you got some balls sticking something like that in here. sounds like a big scam to me

read both posts again, you missed the he sold it to another guy part....
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby nwtaxidermyguy » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:23 pm

This is why I will nolonger post on Taxidermy.net or why I don't joing forums like this one.
Can you not read....
1) He will refund the money, he thought mike had mounted it.
2) He sold the shop to Mike
3) He finished cancer treatments, his Doctor told him he should move.
4) He is not asking for anyone to send him any birds or money.
5) He is building a new shop, new equipment.
6) He would never had known this if one of his new customers did not bring it up to him and then Jess call me.
7) He did nothing wrong, put on his shoes, read everything. He sold the shop, sold the work, did not know anything was wrong and wishes to fix it.

Write what you wish, this guy will always be a stand up guy in my book. I'm done with people that are here, don't know anything and just put people down for WHY?

If you did the same, would you know that a customer did not get his bird finished or lost his deposit. Would you get to the bottom and tell the customer, hey I dont have your deposit, but I will be glad to refund it out of my pocket anyway, because I dont want you to think I did something wrong. As soon as I get the address, he will send the deposit.
nwtaxidermyguy
Newb

Postby h2ofowlr » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:44 pm

There are 3 different forums with information on this outfit and all the issues that were caused. Are they all wrong, or did Jess leave off and Mike assume his name and fraud everyone? Just asking a question. I have e-mail responses from Jess up until Dec. 2009 letting me know he was still working on it and would have it finished up in Jan. 2010. Then it was pushed to Feb. 2010. It is now April and you made mention that he sold it a year or more ago. Something isn't correct here, unless Mike has been saying he is Jess for the past year.
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby nwtaxidermyguy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:42 am

I can not say yes or no to what Mike did.

I do know that Jess has done zero taxidermy work since his cancer treatments and surgery.
He is feeling better and says that he will make it right. He also says he has not received any Taxidermy emails in 9 months or longer.
Mike had access to Jess's Taxidermy email account as it was used on all price lists and advertisng.

As far as he knows, you are the only person that did not get his work back. He has not heard of anyone else and would not of heard about you, if one of his new clients did not bring it up.

He does not have the brandt, but is willing to send you the deposit back, even though he gave Mike the money.

PS, I and several others can not find Mike. His shop number is down, figures since it is burned to the ground or close to it and his cell is turned off. Police are still investigating the cause of the fire.

Jess is also willing to mount up a brandt if you have one. He has lots of free time with few customers, just getting started back up. He told me it was ok for you to email him at jpalmer2009@aol.com. He wants to make it right and have you remove this allegations. He knew nothing about it, since he sold the shop to Mike. He is a good guy and will make it right.
nwtaxidermyguy
Newb

Postby Dustin07 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:27 am

I know you have best of intentions so you should remove Jess' email from the forum and have people PM you for it. Posting an email address publically opens you up to spam bots. basically viruses that scan websites looking for email address then you get nailed with spam from now until eternity....fyi.
Dustin07
hunter

Postby dolphins84te » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:25 pm

JESSE PALMER IS A CROOK!!!!

Anyone who says otherwise can look me in the face and tell me and I promise that I will punch them in the eye!

In October 2009, I sent him my trophy buck antlers and cape plus FULL payment for a shoulder mount. This mount was to be done in 3-4 months. The money and anlers/cape were sent to the Eatonville address.

After multiple delays, he has informed me that he supposedly lost my cape in the fire and needs me to send him more money for a cape. I demanded return of my antlers and he wants $65 to do that. However, I can't even get him to confirm where my antlers are (Washington? Texas?). I told him that I want to pick them up in person.

He basically told me to get screwed. He told me that it is over 90 days so Ebay can't touch him and I can't prove that he has stolen anything, so he's good to go.

I do plan on taking action with multiple authorities. If he has crossed state lines to escape potential prosecution, my attorney assures me that this would then become an additional federal crime. It is already a federal crime because he has defrauded me from a payment that I made with a POSTAL MONEY ORDER.

The address that he is currently claiming is:

26610 US Hwy 281 N, San Antonio, TX 78260

Just looked the address up and I get this website:

http://sanantoniopokerleague.com/

If the link doesn't work, his phone number is: 210-722-8936

It looks like someone may have a gambling problem.....

I will personally pledge some CASH MONEY to ANYONE who is willing to stop by and see Mr. Palmer and use some personal one on one encouragement to return my antlers (at minimum). It was business, now it is personal.
dolphins84te
Newb

Postby h2ofowlr » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:09 pm

I keep getting a facebook request on my e-mail from this guy and all his pictures are of him playing poker. I think he has a gambling addiction and is frauding people by using a non-existent taxidermy business as his cover. This is guy is a scammer.
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby Longhornriver » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:43 pm

Took me awhile, but I am feeling better and I did have cancer and I did move to Texas.

I got a hold of the gentleman that had the Mule deer and I have since mounted it, and sent it to him. I took the antlers to Texas and hoped to contact him when I re-opened a shop. I was lucky to do both and we are squared up.

As far as the brandt, it never made it here. It was given to Mike Tule, who bought a lot of my equipment , my Washington client list and 10-12 jobs that I had left to do. EVERY job that I knew off were completed and the clients got there mounts.

There are two bad posting about me and my shop, and that is from over thousands of mounts from the past 20 years in Washington and from the 3 years here in Texas. You can see that I must not be on the run from many people.

I would love to do you a Brandt and no additional fees or costs. Just send me a posting and get me a brandt, I will give you my address, mount it, send it back and I pay 100% of shipping.

I don't think I can be any more fair then that.
Jesse Palmer - Reflection Taxidermy
Longhornriver
Newb

Postby Longhornriver » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:46 pm

PS, I lease out three nights a week a portion of our building to a Poker League, like a bar poker league. I sometimes play and other times, I'm working in the shop or at the ranch. It's free bar poker played at Taverns and now at my shop. No addiction, no gambling problems, but I am thankful for all the worries from the kind folks that were worried about me. Thank you.
Longhornriver
Newb

Postby washingtonmuley » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:39 pm

Longhornriver wrote:Took me awhile, but I am feeling better and I did have cancer and I did move to Texas.

I got a hold of the gentleman that had the Mule deer and I have since mounted it, and sent it to him. I took the antlers to Texas and hoped to contact him when I re-opened a shop. I was lucky to do both and we are squared up.

As far as the brandt, it never made it here. It was given to Mike Tule, who bought a lot of my equipment , my Washington client list and 10-12 jobs that I had left to do. EVERY job that I knew off were completed and the clients got there mounts.

There are two bad posting about me and my shop, and that is from over thousands of mounts from the past 20 years in Washington and from the 3 years here in Texas. You can see that I must not be on the run from many people.

I would love to do you a Brandt and no additional fees or costs. Just send me a posting and get me a brandt, I will give you my address, mount it, send it back and I pay 100% of shipping.

I don't think I can be any more fair then that.

Jesse Palmer - Reflection Taxidermy

Anything you took in from a customer should have been completed by you and not sold with business. That is a poor way of doing business.
washingtonmuley
State Moderator

Postby COYOTE JLR » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:21 pm

washingtonmuley wrote: Anything you took in from a customer should have been completed by you and not sold with business. That is a poor way of doing business.

This. I would be pissed if I'd sent my work to somebody and discovered they went ahead and gave it over to another person and skipped the state.
COYOTE JLR
hunter

Postby Tealer » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:36 pm

COYOTE JLR wrote:
washingtonmuley wrote: Anything you took in from a customer should have been completed by you and not sold with business. That is a poor way of doing business.

This. I would be pissed if I'd sent my work to somebody and discovered they went ahead and gave it over to another person and skipped the state.

Pissed doesn't even begin to describe it.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Next

Return to Washington Duck Hunting