Burbank area

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, h2ofowlr, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck

Burbank area

Postby masondad » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:19 am

I know, I know..... do your own scouting... But due to gas prices and three kids I have not been out much lately (ok, only twice this year). The last time I was down to the Penisula unit, my son and I did not see a duck in the slough, but pretty large rafts in the river. And there were not many ducks on the refuge lake. Has anyone been down in that area lately, and want to share a report on numbers? I can only get out limited times, and don't want to waste the gas and time (I told wife I would only go 2 times a month) if the birds are not there yet. I would rather save my hunts for later in the season.

I know you will say, scout for yourself, but I would like to bring one of my kids with me next time I go, and I would hate to have him sit in a blind and not even see ducks, or spend time with me driving and walking trying to find a spot to hunt, since we get out so infrequently. Kid is losing faith in dad.....

Thanks for the help, and I understand if you don't want to share information since I don't have much to offer in return. (although I can hunt the handicap areas if ya wannna go with us)

Masondad
masondad
hunter

Postby whackem and stackem » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:13 pm

I feel for ya. That area you are tring to hunt is a zoo. You have to get out there at 1 am to get a spot. If you and your boy want a quallity hunt , I would be more than happy to take you two out. I am on the west side though. I have a 800 acre lease in lewis county that produces a good number of birds.
whackem and stackem
hunter

Postby decoydog » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:01 am

That sounds like a good invite, I would take him up on it if I were you. Otherwise you might try this....I too take my 8 year old son out with me, so I do have sympathy for as it is hard to find a good productive spot to teach your children that is not crowded. This is my freebe to you if you don't know about it already. Try going out behind Prestons winery off of hwy. 395. It has good productive ponds with some flooded timber. If you need specific directions to get out there, let me know.
It's hard to pull 1 inch through 6 inches of material while doing "the dance", and looking skyward.
decoydog
hunter

thanks

Postby masondad » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:39 pm

Thanks for the offer Whackem..... I sent you a pm.....need to talk to the wife....
masondad
hunter

Postby newduckhunter » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:11 pm

where is burbank?
newduckhunter
hunter

Postby decoydog » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:13 pm

Just east of Pasco.
It's hard to pull 1 inch through 6 inches of material while doing "the dance", and looking skyward.
decoydog
hunter

Postby fowllust » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:28 pm

Mason Dad. The Lower Valley (Sunnyside and Toppenish) has a lot of access without the hunting pressure of the Tri-Cites. You can hunt the Yakima River across from Zillah all the way down. Plenty of access and good hunting.

Good Luck
fowllust
hunter

Postby Original talker » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:13 pm

I normally wouldn't do this but I feel you brotha. I live in Kennewick, with three children one who is nine and I am just allowing him to bring his BB gun with us to finish the ducks. We call him the finisher. Anyway if you go towards the Junction past Boise Cascade just before the bridge that crosses the Walla Walla river on the right hand side of Highway 12 you will see a short road that dead ends into a bunch of railroad ties. Park there and just walk down to the shore. You can hunt right there. It is an easy hunt and you don't have to get there super early. I am pretty sure it is frozen right now but it can be pretty productive on windy days. Good luck.
Original talker
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting