Sea Ducks - Species and Guides

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

Sea Ducks - Species and Guides

Postby RealCanman » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:17 pm

Looking at an east coast sea duck hunt and a west coast hunt this year. What kind of Sea ducks do you get in Washington? I would be intrested in Eider, Scoters, and harli's. Not so much goldeneye and old squaw since we get enough of them in WI. Have a hard time finding websites of guides in the area. Any help would be great!
RealCanman
Newb

Sea ducks

Postby mjlduckman » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:26 am

Fellow Cheesehead,

I'm a transplant out here and just love the place. We have all three scoters, some oldsquaw and harli's. Check out a few of the earlier posts about the guides in the area, i personally haven't used any, but there's some around. Good Luck
May the skies above you; be blackened with birds
mjlduckman
hunter

Postby Duckhammer » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:20 pm

First you need to get a seaduck hunting card approved from the state. I believe that it is too late for this season but I am not sure. There is a good guide up in Port Townsend that provides a good time. I kill all three species of scoters regularly in one of my spots and they are fun to hunt. A bit hard to kill sometimes since their the size of a Canvasback but cool to look at up close.
"Get em"
Duckhammer
hunter

Postby shotgunr » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:59 pm

Realcanman,
We have Black,Surf,and Whitewings and Old Squaws.
Harli's, Common and Barrows GE'S
If you are looking for a guide the man you are looking for
Is Capt Dave Drewry
Here is his website

www. Peninsula Sportsman Guide & Outfitting.com

He is probably full infact I'm sure he is. Call him and see what he has going on. You will have a blast and learn alot about Washington Sea Ducks from Dave

Good Luck
shotgunr
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting