Hunting W WA

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, h2ofowlr, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck

Hunting W WA

Postby duxs » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:19 pm

Moving out to Western WA from TN next week and would love to get in a few hunts before the season ends. Things have been slow in AR and MS this season and dont want to have a complete bust. Any info on where to hunt around the Vancouver area would be great. Any info on public hunting. Thanks
duxs
Newb

Postby hm_palmer » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:49 pm

Where in WA are you moving to? The season lasts here untill the end of january so you still have plenty of time to get some good hunts in.
hm_palmer
hunter

Welcome to the Great Pacific Northwest

Postby mjlduckman » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:12 am

Your going to absolutly love this place if your an avid outdoorsman. I hunt about 2 hrs north of vancouver, and don't know any particular spots down there, but have heard great thing about that area, espicially with the big river right in your backyard, lots of divers. Just north and west of vancouver is Willipa Bay, Johns river and the Chehalis, all good starting points, with good numbers of birds. Check out WDFW web site for water access's a wildlife areas, you're coming at the best time of the year for Duck Hunting around here. There is some Goose hunting also, but area 2A and 2B require a special permit, and ya probably can't get it anymore this year, but area 3 has plenty of honkers to chase around.
Good luck
May the skies above you; be blackened with birds
mjlduckman
hunter

http://www.fws.gov/ridgefieldrefuges/RNWRHome.htm

Postby locked n landing » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:49 pm

:welcome: to Western Washington. Another spot that you will want to check on is the Ridgefield Refuge. It is about 20 minutes North of Vancouver. Hunters have already got their reservation cards in the mail but sometimes you can still hunt there as a "standby" hunter. Check out their website (http://www.fws.gov/ridgefieldrefuges/RNWRHome.htm) and look under the waterfowl hunt program.
locked n landing
hunter

Postby kwak » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:37 am

if you are moving to vancouver area there are lots of places close by
as already mentioned you can hit ridgefield refuge
also vancouver lake has lots of area to hunt. it gets pounded but you can always find some birds there.
welcome to Wa.
good luck
no blood no glory
kwak
Newb

Postby Duckboy23 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:58 am

duxs,

I live about a half hour north of Vancouver and hunt roughly four days a week. Send me a pm and I'll let you in a some public spots around the area.
I've hunted almost everyday of my life....the rest have been wasted.
Duckboy23
hunter

Postby duxs » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:39 pm

Cant wait to get there. Its sad to leave a ton of ducks here. We finally got a good push over the weekend and the hunting in AR was great. Sure will miss the mallards in the timber. Thanks for all the good info. duxs
duxs
Newb

Postby athomeruddy » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:33 am

WELCOME AND SEND ME A PM WHEN UR READY TO GUN.
athomeruddy
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting