great day

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

great day

Postby mud duck » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:04 am

We had a great day today. Enough birds flying that we were able to be selective in our shooting while still getting 2 limits. More greenheads than I've seen in a while. We're doing our best to keep them from reaching the 3-cities and Shep's deadly aim. :yes:
mud duck
hunter

Great day afield

Postby mjlduckman » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:57 am

Dito here too. Saturday was probably one of our best days duck hunting. Lots of birds workin, 2 doz decoys in a small slough, used 3" #4 heavysteel in the extema 2 for the first time and just smacked the greenheads and a couple of teal. Two limits by 0930. :thumbsup: :salude:
May the skies above you; be blackened with birds
mjlduckman
hunter

Postby mud duck » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:31 pm

sweet. We had about 3 dozen deeks out plus a dozen goose decoys. How do you like your extrema? I love my nova for the simplicity and dependability, but the extrema looks like a sweet gun.
mud duck
hunter

Great Duck Day

Postby mjlduckman » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:53 pm

The Beretta is a blast to shoot, quite the killing machine. I used my 1187 the last 6-8 years, and absolutly loved it, switched to the extrema for the aqua coating's protection in the salt marshes. Both guns are very good in the duck blinds, i just wish rem would come up with a better finish to handle the harsh enviroments that we take our guns into.
May the skies above you; be blackened with birds
mjlduckman
hunter

Postby newduckhunter » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:07 pm

is the extreme 3" or 3.5"? my nova is 3.5 but i want to trade or buy a 3.5 simi.
newduckhunter
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting