Last Weekend In S.E. Wa.

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

Last Weekend In S.E. Wa.

Postby decoydog » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:37 am

This had to be one of the best weekends of hunting that we have had in years! Saturday, myself and two of my buddies hunted phesants and we pulled down 9 birds, all of them terrific looking roosters. Sunday we duck hunted on the big water using 7 dozon decoys and 1 pull string flutter wing and we all had our limits in the first hour. I called my dad, and he brought his buddy down and they got their limits in a short time. There was ducks flying by the thousands. There was several species shot, including Mallards, Woodies, Pintails, and Teal. So total bird count for us yesterday was 35 bird with a total time of about 2 1/2 hours. I can't seem to get rid of this smile on my face. I was kept pretty busy all weekend processing birds. The Potholes being frozon over is what we south of there look forward to. It brings those birds down here. Now I don't know for sure if the Potholes are frozon, but it was my first conclusion when I saw that many birds wanting to land, or get a good hard look at our spread.
It's hard to pull 1 inch through 6 inches of material while doing "the dance", and looking skyward.
decoydog
hunter

Postby Duck_hunter » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:55 pm

ya man i no what ur talking about but i went out saturday with a buddy and we had about 6doz and we had ducks around us all day we had our limmit within 1hr and i called up a few more guys and they ended up getting there limmit we got all together
between 4 people

24 dreak mallerds
1 wigion (banded)
2 shovels
1 teal
Duck_hunter
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting