Fowlplay Transplants ??

2K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  Otto 
#1 ·
Should we invade? Thanks for the email Tom

#6 ·
Gregor said:
yep...by allowing me to register...
uh oh.....trouble is in the house!

Greg, went to the beach today "the spot" and it was not the spot! the birds were way deep. Gave it about 3 hrs and then headed in for the 4th quarter of the seahawk game..

We did take these instead of a squeaky clown duck.

#14 ·
Harli, yes, as far as I can tell FowlPlay is history, but havent heard either way for sure, So I guess it was time to sread the wings and do a little migration. Still contiplating about going back to the old pond to see if there is any room. This seems to be a nice place and has some good activity.

Skeeter, I heard a few boats braved the ice breaking detail this weekend, not sure how they did.

T-Bone, I really wished I could say that the Old man called me to tell me that he found the gun to the empty case I bought from him, but I am sure I would be strung up and hung out if I said that was another 195.00 citori purchase, so I will not :smile:

#18 ·
nwringneck said:
If this is a roll call, I'm here.
Good Brad, now we can get back to our B Goldeneye discussion. Had a couple of Waterfowl/Diver Scientists over for dinner on Monday and I got to discuss a bit about what we were talking about. They mentioned that they do not believe there as any west coast data on nesting of the BGE, we may get some other involvement in the future???

#19 ·
Really, no west coast info. Seems strange? I'll check with Brad Bortner to see if the Feds. can shed any light on Barrows in the Pacific Flyway.

Bortner says that they were probably established by the Forest Svc if they are on their ground. Anyway to have your Bio contacts check with USFS?

#22 ·
I Know, I Know. How did tank find us. haha Did I ever tell ya I could read mines, well I can, cause I use to have one.
I think.

Blame Gregor, he made the last post on FP.

Everyone know Jim Leith hunts geese in Canada every year before our season starts.
This year while going thru North Daakoata, he ran into a couple of my Dad's cousins.

And this is the way he told it to me.(would I Lie )

Ole & Sven were fishing one day when Sven pulled out a cigar. Finding he had no matches, he asked Ole for a light.
"Ya, shure, I tink I haff a lighter," he replied. Then reaching into his tackle box, he pulled out a Bic lighter 10 inches long.

"Yiminy Cricket!" exclaimed Sven, taking the huge Bic lighter in his hands. "Vhere dit yew git dat monster??"

"Vell," replied Ole, "I got it from me Genie."

"You haff a genie in yor tackle pox?" Sven asked.

"Ya, shure. It's right here in my tackle pox," says Ole.

"Could I see him?"

So Ole opens his tackle box & sure enough, out pops the genie.

Addressing the genie, Sven says, "Hey dere! I'm a good friend of your master. Vill you grant me vun vish?"

"Yes, I will," says the genie.

So Sven asks the genie for a million bucks. The genie disappears back into the tackle box leaving Sven sitting there, waiting for his million bucks.

Shortly, the sky darkens & is filled with the sound of a million ducks...flying overhead.

Over the roar of the million ducks Sven yells at Ole. "Yumpin' Yimminy I asked for a million bucks, not a million ducks!"

Ole answers, "Ya, I forgot to tell yew dat da genie is hart of hearing. Do yew really tink I asked for a 10-inch Bic?"

tank

#25 ·
otto,

scott and I wakled pretty much of the slater unit parked on the oter side and hiked from bridge to bridge plus walked around the most of the blinds to find some ducks/swans and came home with 7 ducks no sick swans had a blast can't wait til it warms up so we due some real hunting down there..
that area is awhole lot of walking to do....

skeeter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.