stanwood

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

stanwood

Postby newduckhunter » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:20 am

i hunted the smith farm area and heard some shooting across the road and across the river. is there duck hunting areas over in those two areas or are thay after snow?
newduckhunter
hunter

Postby newduckhunter » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:41 pm

please help me
newduckhunter
hunter

Postby newduckhunter » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:30 pm

does any one know where to go?
newduckhunter
hunter

Postby decoydog » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:04 am

I have looked at all of my maps, but I can't get a clear answer from them to help you. If there is someone that also hunts in your area, they might be able to help.
It's hard to pull 1 inch through 6 inches of material while doing "the dance", and looking skyward.
decoydog
hunter

Postby Gregor » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:02 pm

probably Lervick's across the river. I've only been there once. maybe someone else can chime in and give you the info about hunting there.
Gregor
hunter

Postby Gregor » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:34 pm

newduckhunter - I was just in the valley east of Silvana. There are ducks there. You live near Silvana right? So get you rump into the cafe when the farmers are in there having their morning coffee. Introduce yourself, tell them your just getting started hunting and offer to do some chores in exchange for permission to hunt. If at first you don't succeed, try again. Knock on some doors if you have to. There are ducks in you backyard.
Gregor
hunter

Postby Otto » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:02 am

I too was in the Silvana valley this afternoon, plenty a birds I noticed in the corn stubble fields.

That coffee shop gig is some good advise!
Otto
hunter

Postby T-Bone » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:19 pm

Did you checkout this map and contact ph.#?

http://wdfw.wa.gov/lands/r4skagit.htm
T-Bone
hunter

Postby shotgunr » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:38 pm

The coffee shop in question in called The Duck INN.
They open every morning at 6:00am
these guys know the areas wekk as they are all residents from there since birth.
It sounds like Stuart Lervicks land is what you are refering too.
You are able to hunt his land with a $5.00 permission pass bought at the Milk Parlor actuall behing the parlor.
Alot of people hunt this land or use to. I use to hunt it for Snow Geese but the competiton is rediculas. They is a boat launch right by the bridge that
you can launch at but man you better know this part of the river well as it is not deep and the channel changes on every corner.
Get on a website that has shorline aerial photos and it will show you the layout of the land. These aerials are photos with the tide out so you can see where the channels are.
Remember don't go on Lervicks land without that permission pass for $5.00 because the Gamewardens patrol this area hard.

Bottom line you have to get out there and scout If you still arn't sure of
where this is. From Silvana take the Norman RD all the way to the end
You will come to Marina view dr. Cross that road you will know your there because you will see the bridge that crosses the stilly all the way out is Lervicks land. You can't hunt anyting on the left side of the road

Good luck hope some of this helps
shotgunr
hunter

Postby newduckhunter » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:42 pm

thanx i will check out the cafe and i checked out fir island or what ever it is called, theres alot of flight going on near dark. you almost have to have a boat and or a dog. does any one have or know of any good smaller boats for sale? thanks again for your help. tomarrow i will probably be going to fir or smith island tomorrow.
hope to see you out there

kill 'em get-r-done
newduckhunter
hunter

Postby MacAttack » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:15 pm

check out craigs list( http://seattle.craigslist.org/ ), sometimes people post some up for FREE.
MacAttack
hunter

Postby newduckhunter » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:43 am

i am taking the info you guys gave me and maybe today but for shur tomarow i am going to ethier big ditch or fir island. thanx for your guys help :salude:
newduckhunter
hunter

Postby newduckhunter » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:58 pm

today i went to fir island which is by Big Ditch. i got only two but there were alot flying. i have three BIG problems today though
1. i got a used 10' jon boat that was bady blue in color
2. the moter i used was an electric with what i found out was a half charged battery which died on my just as i tryed to head in and the current was not in my favor at all.
3.even though i am half way new to duck hunting i am not to shaby at calling, the guy i was with started duck hunting on the same day but he does not practice calling and he thinks he is good but it is terrifing the ducks and my ear. fir island is good! does any one know if you need a boat to hunt milltown area or big ditch and know how the numbers are? :getdown:
newduckhunter
hunter

Postby grivergary » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:26 pm

I am selling a 14 foot game fisher, it is camo x cept the motor I used to use it on the east side. it has a 18 horse tohatsu runs great. I want 1350 or trade for a drift boat, it sounds that I could use one of those more where I moved to. It has a good trailer and clear title for bolth
grivergary
Newb

Postby newduckhunter » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:34 pm

thanx but no thanx i am geting paint tomarrow but i am looking for a little 6 or a 4 and even a 2 horse moter
newduckhunter
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting