A little GEEK never hurt anyone...

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

A little GEEK never hurt anyone...

Postby Bogey » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:49 am

I just got done building (and that's really what it is; building!) a hunting DVD for my son for Christmas. I'm not the brightest bulb on the string, and it took me about 4 times longer than a smart person, but I am sure pleased with it, and hope he will be too!

I take a LOT of pics when I hunt. I take pictures of everyone I hunt with, and I organize my pics very well in the computer, so when I went to make this DVD, I had 6 years worth of pics to draw from. I put it to music and did a bunch of other crap with it, and it makes for a very nice gift, and an enjoyable way for folks to "look back" later on when we're gone...

LOL, useless info, but I thought I'd throw it out there! :oops:
Dare to be different
Bogey
hunter

Postby MacAttack » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:54 am

Thats cool, I have been thinking about taking a video camera and maybe doing a little amateur video myself....what program did you use?
MacAttack
hunter

Postby Otto » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:38 am

Thats cool Bogey! We did that with our kid photos for his first 3-4 years but we paid a geek to do it.

They sure are cool to look at when completed.
Otto
hunter

Postby Bogey » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:21 am

MacAttack, I just used "movie maker" in XP to build the project, and then neoDVDstandard4 to make the actual DVD. If you can find a perfect song to say what you want and have it match up to the pics, well, it makes it really nice. I found a song that talks about passing on the tradition of hunting and appreciating the land and it fit really nice. There is one spot in the song where it repeats "Pass it on" 5 times, and each time I had a picture of a father and son together that we have hunted with, and are friends of ours, so it worked out nice. (advantage to taking a lot of pics!)

Otto, do you think they make pocket protectors in camo? :laughing:
Dare to be different
Bogey
hunter

Postby tank » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:57 am

Hey how can we see it??

Your right about remembering some one. I wish I had something like that with my dad ( it would be a short one) for me and to show the grandkids.
You never know when someone will let the air out of your tube.
I've taken 100s of times more pics this last year, (thanks to Bogey) then I have the other 50+ years of my life.

Don't say a thing OttO
tank
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting