Hows the season going?

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, h2ofowlr, brokerbyduck

Hows the season going?

Postby MacAttack » Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:06 pm

Well no one has been posting here for a while so I thought I would ask how everyone season is going. Mine not too good, too much school work. I am going this weekend, mostly for pheasant but we might bring our deeks just in case. Well lets here some success stories!
MacAttack
hunter

Not to good here either!

Postby kceberor » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:56 pm

Been out about 4 times since the beginning of the season, and have only got 1, lol. Pretty sad. My buddy and I went to skagit for the opener twice that weekend, had some birds working but there are too many skybusters this early. Then this last wednesday we went to cherry valley, and shot one pheasant and we werent even going after pheasant. We saw a few, Just gotta be patient and wait for the cold snap i guess. I guess it will give me time to focus on midterms, LOL. Going this weekend, and hope it gets better, good luck everybody, and even if we aint shooting were still blessed to get out on the Marsh. :thumbsup:
Is he wearin' Jewelry?!
kceberor
Newb

Postby MacAttack » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:48 am

What school are you going too? I grew up over in the Kent area. I went to Skagit opener but I went with a idiot who wanted to jump fields AWAY from where the birds were flying, so we didn't get anything that day. Well good luck!
MacAttack
hunter

Postby greenhead » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:02 pm

i've gone out twice and got my limit both times this weekend i'm going to Mcnary so i'll let you know how it goes
greenhead
hunter

Postby vwguy2004 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:58 pm

i have been hunting almost every morning since the season opened and i have goten no less than 4 birds on all the times i have been out. the weird thing is is that all i have gotten is mallards and only one widgeon.

vwguy2004
vwguy2004
hunter

Postby phillipstd » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:45 pm

guess I should have posted that last one here, 6 and one the weekend of the opener, then last weekend I slaughterd em, and I've been out a couple days after work last week and jump shot a bunch, gonna try to go to the eastside again this weekend. probably do better if I stayed here though, anybody been out anywhere in the sound or any of the bay's???
phillipstd
hunter

Yo Mac Attack

Postby kceberor » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:02 am

Hey Mac,

In response to the last post: I am going to SPU for school, We have now been up 5 times and we are getting haggard. We hunt up in Skagit, by walking in on the Dyke and humping out if the tide is low, if tide is up we use float tubes to get out about 300 yds from the dyke. We hunt with a spread between 12-24 and one Wind duck. We are just struggling because I am a kid from Iowa who is not use to the schedule the ducks keep out here or the area. I have seen that there are alot of SKYBUSTERS (75< yds)and now just getting fed up with it, oh and not to mention the chicken(pheasent)hunters running around like charlie in the woodline. We have got a few working groups but still locals (really timid) which is normal. If you or anyone else has some suggestions on what to do please feel free to let me know I would really appreciate it!!! (Yes I already know I need a boat)!!!LOL!!!
Thanks all for any thoughts
Is he wearin' Jewelry?!
kceberor
Newb

Postby phillipstd » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:36 pm

This weekend didn't produce much, alls I been seeing is widgeon, and not enough to limit on, I got four on saterday and 6 on sunday, black river both day's, what's everybody else's report's anything anywear

saterday 4 shot 4 retreived
sunday 6 shot 6 retreived

and still no pheasents.

Tim
phillipstd
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting