boats in WA?

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, h2ofowlr, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck

boats in WA?

Postby roadgoeson20 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:10 pm

Hey guys,
yall have been tremendous help so far. can't thank you enough. should be joining you in WA at the end of june. I wanted to look into boats. judging from where i will be(West Sound) area. I am looking at buying a boat immediately upon arrival. Will probably do lots of hunting/fishing int eh salt marshes and surrounding areas. probably some river use also. I was looking at the war eagles and they are WAAAYY out of my price range. I would like to stay under 8 grand and would LOVE to stay under 4 or 5 grand. The primary purpose will obviously be ducks so it doesnt need to win a beauty contest, however i do want something dependable and safe. any recommendations of boat brands or features to look for? Also, possible dealers in the area or am i better off to look at buying a used boat through classifieds or whatnot. where i am duck boats arent' exactly for sale on every corner seeing as how there isn't a super abundance of water in the area of texas i am at. Once again, thanks in advance guys.

-Mark
roadgoeson20
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:36 pm

Mark,

Keep an eye out on boattrader.com for your deep john boat, you will find one for that price....

Welcome to the site by the way! :welcome:
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby HaydenHunter » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:39 pm

roadgoeson20:

If you are looking at War Eagle I have a boat you might be interested in. It is a custom welded Legendcraft 1852 Modified V. War Eagles are nice Mod V boats but IMO you are paying for a name. This boat is a 2005 that has been hunted only a season. I am selling it hull only or hull with either mud motor or brand new Evinrude E-Tec 40 HP. This boat will definitely save you thousands over a W.E. and sits on a heavily galvanized trailer which is good for salt water launching.

PM me if you are interested. Shoot me a phone # and I will call you. I am in the Idaho Panhandle close to Eastern WA but am in Western WA on business frequently.
HaydenHunter
hunter

Postby Robberwood » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:58 pm

im looking for about the same thing right now too. smokercraft,lund, lowe roughnecks, and G3 are some of the ones that are in the price range then just find the specifics. all have dealerships around here too!
"Dont land over there!"
So what time are they suppose to show up?
Robberwood
hunter

Postby Mad4ducks » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:25 pm

Where are you at in Texas. I bought my Lowe roughneck 1655TN at Texall boats in San Antonio. OTD for $7,000 with a 40 Horse Johnson and trailer.
Mad4ducks
hunter

Postby GreenheadKiller » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:43 pm

I have a Roughneck1752vt 17' w/75 hp evinrude, camo'd and comes with and avery quickset blind, side console. Great shape 2 yrs old. Sitting in the garage at my dads house in Spokane. I'd hook you up with a great deal, pm me if interested!
GreenheadKiller
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting