A place to go ?

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, h2ofowlr, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck

A place to go ?

Postby newduck » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:32 pm

New to duck hunting here. I spent the last couple of weeks at the usual westside duck hunting grounds. I have done pretty good and now looking to head to the Eastside. Is there someone out there that is willing to help a Joey and point him in the right direction. I'am not looking for a secret place, just a general location (around the potholes). I have a dog, decoys and only waders, no boat. I await wise cracks !
newduck
Newb

Postby phillipstd » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:55 pm

seriously alls you need is gas money, grant co. has the most ducks killed in it, yes that's potholes, there's lot's of walk to ponds, look on a map and find all the wasteways, then go there and look and see, I would recomend finding someplace a little out of the way that's holding ducks, potholes and the wasteways are hunted pretty hard, remember, just because it looks good doesn't mean it is, go where the ducks are, spend some time driving around and looking, and make sure there aint 200 people that are hunting that pond before you go and try to hunt it. good luck rookie :laughing:
phillipstd
hunter

permission

Postby gracenjohn » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:07 am

where can a guy find out who owns the property?
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
hunter

Postby GreenheadKiller » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:32 am

Hey GracenJohn, get a blm map and that will tell you what you can hunt. Newduck, we're going to the potholes this weekend, I'll let you know if we knock em' down or not. If we do your more than welcome to hook up with us! :salude:
GreenheadKiller
hunter

thanks

Postby gracenjohn » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:00 am

thanks ghk

I'm taking my nephews 16 year old some time this year and am looking for a place to go.

john
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting