Carnation and Duvall

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

Carnation and Duvall

Postby Loki_762 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:42 pm

Anybody hunting these areas this year? If so, how's it looking? I am thinking about going up there next weekend, and I am wondering if it is worth it or not. My dad and I have checked out both Cherry Valley and the spot across the river from the Carnation farm, but have never seriously hunted there before. My buddy and I were up in Everett and Marysville a couple of weeks ago and saw quite a few birds, so I am hoping the same is true in Carnation and Duvall. Can anyone fill me in?
Thanks,
Loki
Never argue with an idiot - first they bring you down to their level, then they beat you with experience.
Loki_762
hunter

Postby newduck » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:01 pm

I hunt Cherry Valley three to four times a week. Yes you can get ducks out of there. In the past 2 weeks I have taken Mallards, Teals, Widgons and Coots. There is two bad things. It is hard to limit (I could careless) and the second is the guys in orange. I solved this problem by buying a pheasent permit and both my dog and I have fun and every time we go out and we get 2 each time. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and that is DEC 1, 2004, no more pheasent hunting. As for Crescent Lake, I have onlty taken two ducks from there. The above is from a guy who just started, so maybe someone else does better.
newduck
Newb

Postby redbull173 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:36 am

Loki_762 if you are ever in maryville try spencer island... every time we go ther we normally get our limit. but that is if the sky busters arnt ther so on the week days are the best times to go...
kyle
Kyle Taylor
redbull173
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting