Anybody on here have birds with Nancy Mulligan in Shelton?

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, h2ofowlr, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck

Re: Anybody on here have birds with Nancy Mulligan in Shelton?

Postby Skyhigh » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:14 pm

viking fan wrote:unless they were skinned etc right away there could be freezer burn on feet and bill. at least thats what i was told by a taxidermist. Got my Spoonie drake back today-took 3 weeks and it looks good.

Is it april 1st.?

sure hope no more than 50 bucks was paid for your mount, even at that I would have a hard time paying..

The difference between your 3 week bird and Nancy Mulligans birds is, her birds look like the photo 'ed bird above and yours looks like a field stuffer.
Last edited by Skyhigh on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WE ARE NOT RELATED
Skyhigh
hunter

Postby Meatss » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:23 pm

Guys, I changed my mind. 2-3 years is to long to wait for a bird that looks like its alive.'
I found a guy that can whip these out in about an hour so no more waiting on lifelike lookeing birds for me. Its time for instant results from now on.
Let me know if you want his number.

Lord forgive me for I shoot hens.
Meatss
hunter

Postby cargodoyle » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:11 pm

Too frickin funny!!
Quartz Mountain DU Co-Chairmen
Eternal Outdoor Films
Zink Calls Z-Unit
“Above all else, cherish that most solemn pride which must be yours to be willing to lay so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.”
– Abraham Lincoln 1863
cargodoyle
hunter

Postby Tealer » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:34 pm

Meatss wrote:Guys, I changed my mind. 2-3 years is to long to wait for a bird that looks like its alive.'
I found a guy that can whip these out in about an hour so no more waiting on lifelike lookeing birds for me. Its time for instant results from now on.

Really? So because some don't want to wait 2-3 years we have to settle for crappy mounts? There are plenty of great taxidermists that take a third of the time or less. 3 weeks is on the other extreme. I would not be happy with that shoveler, though if the owner is happy who cares. I fail to see how this obviously talented woman is the only way to go, or that to get quality you need to wait 2-3 years.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby Meatss » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:13 pm

Tealer wrote:
Meatss wrote:Guys, I changed my mind. 2-3 years is to long to wait for a bird that looks like its alive.'

Really? So because some don't want to wait 2-3 years we have to settle for crappy mounts? There are plenty of great taxidermists that take a third of the time or less. 3 weeks is on the other extreme. I would not be happy with that shoveler, though if the owner is happy who cares. I fail to see how this obviously talented woman is the only way to go, or that to get quality you need to wait 2-3 years.

Nobody said she is the only way to go.
In taxidermy you get what you pay for and if you want to wait the prize is worth it.

I would be willing to bet that some of these guys that cant wait for a mount also have to buy robo ducks and broke in guts for their goose calls :lol3:
Meatss
hunter

Postby aaronrocker » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:56 am

Tealer wrote:

I agree 100% with tealer, not your bird so keep your negative comments to yourselves.

Please
WizzBang Prostaff
http://www.waduck.org/
aaronrocker
hunter

Postby Lost Fish » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:49 am

Just wondering,

How much does it cost to get a bird stuffed? Not that I am looking at it anytime soon. But some day I might become rich and famous and would like to get one done up.

I am thinking that it has got to be a pretty good amount of cash.
Reb
Fish, Hunt, Coffee, and Beer! What more does a guy need!!!
NW WWA Best Parking Space
Retired Marine, Now living off the Goverment (Wife's) Tit!!!
Lost Fish
hunter

Postby washingtonmuley » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:14 am

Lostfish,
I would expect to pay between $250-$325 for a quality duck mount.
washingtonmuley
State Moderator

Postby Lost Fish » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:48 am

washingtonmuley wrote:Lostfish,
I would expect to pay between $250-$325 for a quality duck mount.

That isn't as bad as I thought that it would be.... :lol:
Reb
Fish, Hunt, Coffee, and Beer! What more does a guy need!!!
NW WWA Best Parking Space
Retired Marine, Now living off the Goverment (Wife's) Tit!!!
Lost Fish
hunter

Postby Shade » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:14 am

To get a good comparison, Bones & Birds.com is a local guy that does duck for $225. You can see the difference between his mounts and say ..... Birdman Studios who charges about $270 if I remember correctly. Check out both sites and you can really start getting a feel for what you want to pay for.
Shade,
Yard Buck pro-staff trainee
Shade
hunter

Postby terrellwa » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:32 am

Shade wrote:To get a good comparison, Bones & Birds.com is a local guy that does duck for $225. You can see the difference between his mounts and say ..... Birdman Studios who charges about $270 if I remember correctly. Check out both sites and you can really start getting a feel for what you want to pay for.

I really thought about using Birdman Studios to do my mounts this year as he is probably one of the best bird taxidermists and also a sponsor on here. But you also have to figure in shipping costs to send it to Colorado, not really to bad to ship a dead bird there but to ship the mounted bird back with habitat would be spendy. Especially the mount I had in mind probably a 3-4 foot double mount. So I just found someone going east and sent my birds with him to take to the Taxi. :thumbsup:
2011-2012 Kill Totals:
IPhone - 1
Blackberry - 1 (Sorry Jhaze)

US NAVY (Retired) Pro-Staff
Pepsi-Max Prostaff
Snickers Prostaff
terrellwa
hunter

Postby Meatss » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:59 am

Terrellwa.................check out Pats work also before you make your descision. He is a great bird taxi in western Oregon.
http://www.nwwings.com/

Meatss
hunter

Postby terrellwa » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:16 pm

Meatss wrote:Terrellwa.................check out Pats work also before you make your descision. He is a great bird taxi in western Oregon.
http://www.nwwings.com/.

Yea the reason I went with the eastside Taxi is because I had lots of first hand info stating how good of work he does. I will see where next years birds will go. :thumbsup:
2011-2012 Kill Totals:
IPhone - 1
Blackberry - 1 (Sorry Jhaze)

US NAVY (Retired) Pro-Staff
Pepsi-Max Prostaff
Snickers Prostaff
terrellwa
hunter

Postby Tealer » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:21 pm

Meatss wrote:Terrellwa.................check out Pats work also before you make your descision. He is a great bird taxi in western Oregon.
http://www.nwwings.com/

Pat does good work.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby Erie » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:12 pm

terrellwa wrote:
Shade wrote:To get a good comparison, Bones & Birds.com is a local guy that does duck for $225. You can see the difference between his mounts and say ..... Birdman Studios who charges about $270 if I remember correctly. Check out both sites and you can really start getting a feel for what you want to pay for.

I really thought about using Birdman Studios to do my mounts this year as he is probably one of the best bird taxidermists and also a sponsor on here. But you also have to figure in shipping costs to send it to Colorado, not really to bad to ship a dead bird there but to ship the mounted bird back with habitat would be spendy. Especially the mount I had in mind probably a 3-4 foot double mount. So I just found someone going east and sent my birds with him to take to the Taxi. :thumbsup:

My buddy from the central flyway shot a banded pintail and had it sent to birdman, his dad followed suite with a gorgeous speck and had it done there too. Two really nice mounts but it took a year and shipping wasn't cheap.
WWA member
NRA lifetime member
DU member
Erie
hunter

Postby viking fan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:36 am

yes my bird looks funny. But i chose to have it mounted because it was different. duh i know it doesn't look like a traditional mature drake northern shoveler and believe it or not i have seen them in the wild. thats how the bird looked in my hand. I understand why some would not choose to have it mounted. but then again i dont choose to have a park duck mallard mounted either. each to theirown.
viking fan
hunter

Postby Professor Chaos » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:33 am

Its not about the bird, its about the work.

Look at the difference in the quality especially around the bill.
Believe Everything You Read On The Internet
Professor Chaos
hunter

Postby crimecrusher » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:15 pm

Dropped mine off in November 2009 and still waiting. Started to get alittle worried but I found this thread and feel better. I took the bird to her based on recommendations from this forum and paid for half already. I was told around a year turn around time when I dropped it off. I'm willing to wait for a quality bird and from what I saw of her work when I dropped it off she does amazing work.
crimecrusher
hunter

Postby aaronrocker » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:18 pm

crimecrusher wrote:Dropped mine off in November 2009 and still waiting. Started to get alittle worried but I found this thread and feel better. I took the bird to her based on recommendations from this forum and paid for half already. I was told around a year turn around time when I dropped it off. I'm willing to wait for a quality bird and from what I saw of her work when I dropped it off she does amazing work.

Holy Balls :no: three years later you might have your bird, No bird taxi is that good! :fingerhead:
WizzBang Prostaff
aaronrocker
hunter

Postby Tealer » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:47 pm

aaronrocker wrote:
crimecrusher wrote:Dropped mine off in November 2009 and still waiting. Started to get alittle worried but I found this thread and feel better. I took the bird to her based on recommendations from this forum and paid for half already. I was told around a year turn around time when I dropped it off. I'm willing to wait for a quality bird and from what I saw of her work when I dropped it off she does amazing work.

Holy Balls :no: three years later you might have your bird, No bird taxi is that good! :fingerhead:

Here we go again......
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby aaronrocker » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:49 pm

Tealer wrote:
aaronrocker wrote:

Here we go again......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WizzBang Prostaff
aaronrocker
hunter

Postby Meatss » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:00 pm

Tealer wrote:
aaronrocker wrote:

Here we go again......

Meatss
hunter

Postby Skagit_Hunter » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:07 pm

Meatss wrote:
Tealer wrote:
aaronrocker wrote:

Here we go again......

Join WWA
Bird counts in signature are as gay as Elton John's fanny pack.
Ya know maybe if you lift up your skirt and show em your panties they will give you a pro-staff position
EX Pot stirring pro-staff...
Coot killing Pro-Staff...
Skagit_Hunter
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Re: Anybody on here have birds with Nancy Mulligan in Shelto

Postby crimecrusher » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:40 pm

As I approach the 4 year mark I was wondering if anyone has received their bird back from Shelton. I tried calling for the first time this year but got no answer (360)427-6529. Any updates from anyone who has birds with Nancy would be appreciated.
crimecrusher
hunter

Re: Anybody on here have birds with Nancy Mulligan in Shelto

Postby Shade » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:52 pm

4 years? Flat out B.S....... I would have been knocking on her door a LONG time ago.
Shade,
Yard Buck pro-staff trainee
Shade
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Washington Duck Hunting