Anybody on here have birds with Nancy Mulligan in Shelton?

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

Re: Anybody on here have birds with Nancy Mulligan in Shelto

Postby Blacktail135 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:23 am

It'll soon be 4 year's for me too. I'm usually a very laid back and patient person but, I can't deny that I've been thinking about this more often lately. Hope I'm in front of you :wink:.
I haven't called yet this year. I usually call just prior to elk camp so that I could pick them up on the way through town.
Blacktail135
hunter

Postby crimecrusher » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:30 pm

I dropped it off at her house in November 2009. I just left a message so hopefully I will get an update. In the meantime, I will continue to remain optimistic.
crimecrusher
hunter

Postby Knighttime25 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:43 pm

I dropped two wood duck drakes off in December of 09' and finally just quit bugging her after 2 1/2 years. My buddy dropped birds off with her in March of 09' and he just got them back in april this year so our work should be done within the year I would hope :huh:
Wack em' and Stack em' boys
Knighttime25
hunter

Postby low97ram » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:58 pm

Here's my shoveler that i sent to Willow Creek Taxi...in February of this year...and am picking it up tomorrow.
Attachments
mounted.JPG
Pete
Duck chaser
USN (retired)
low97ram
hunter

Postby Shade » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:12 pm

It always amazes me how much I like drake Spoonies when I see them. Nice mount, congrats.
Shade,
Yard Buck pro-staff trainee
Shade
hunter

Postby brokerbyduck » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:12 pm

low97ram wrote:Here's my shoveler that i sent to Willow Creek Taxi...in February of this year...and am picking it up tomorrow.

After hunting with Aaron and his Hollywood decoys, drake shovelers always make me smile. They are beautiful birds and that's a very nice mount. To hear Aaron talk about them while hunting last year was one of the highlights of my season.

I hope to have one of them on the wall in the upcoming year just as nice as that one! :thumbsup: Congrats on a nice bird!
"To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." Homer Simpson
Beware the ghetto lean!
brokerbyduck
State Moderator

Postby Knighttime25 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:55 pm

Im digging this one up from the depths again, it has now been 4 years, 1 month since I dropped two wood duck drakes of at Nancy's in Shelton and I have no idea when they will be done. I have tried calling and leaving messages since the 2 1/2 year mark and have never received a call back. Does anybody on the forum have any birds still with Nancy and has ANYBODY managed to get ahold of her in the last year??? I am a very patient person but I have $275 down on these birds for the deposit and this is becoming some serious B.S. Any info that anybody has would be appreciated.
Knighttime25
hunter

Postby Blacktail135 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:00 pm

She's still kicking. Talked to her the other day. I too have bird's (4) with her.
Blacktail135
hunter

Postby Knighttime25 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:05 pm

Thank God somebody that has talked to her and confirms she is still alive...just out of curiosity when were your birds dropped off and any timeline on when they may be done?
Knighttime25
hunter

Postby h2ofowlr » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:57 pm

After 4 years I might be tempted to shoot another one and go elsewhere. I have never heard of a taxi taking 4 years on a bird. You would be better sending it to birdman studios, leon's or Willow Creek.
Cut Um!
Real ducks don't have a competition sequence they follow! Hint, hint!
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby washingtonmuley » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:15 am

h2ofowlr wrote:After 4 years I might be tempted to shoot another one and go elsewhere. I have never heard of a taxi taking 4 years on a bird. You would be better sending it to birdman studios, leon's or Willow Creek.

That is what I would do. I have sent birds to two of the three mentioned and have never waited more than 9 months.
washingtonmuley
State Moderator

Postby brokerbyduck » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:31 am

Knighttime25 wrote:Im digging this one up from the depths again, it has now been 4 years, 1 month since I dropped two wood duck drakes of at Nancy's in Shelton and I have no idea when they will be done. I have tried calling and leaving messages since the 2 1/2 year mark and have never received a call back. Does anybody on the forum have any birds still with Nancy and has ANYBODY managed to get ahold of her in the last year??? I am a very patient person but I have $275 down on these birds for the deposit and this is becoming some serious B.S. Any info that anybody has would be appreciated.

Wow you are a patient person, there is no way I would wait a year for a bird let alone 4! Have you considered marching down there and collecting your birds and deposit? There are a lot of good taxidermists out there who can turn out quality work in 6-9 months or less. Unless there is more to the story, it seems like your loyalty to this taxidermist is getting abused.
"To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." Homer Simpson
Beware the ghetto lean!
brokerbyduck
State Moderator

Postby Knighttime25 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:57 pm

Trust me I have thought many times about just driving down to get my birds and deposit money back but I always talk myself out of it and wait. Other members of the forum have birds with her also, so I'm not the only one. All my birds now go through Leon in the Tri-Cities and my longest wait has been about 5 months and his work is top notch in my book :thumbsup:
Knighttime25
hunter

Postby Blacktail135 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:12 pm

Not sure when I dropped my birds off to her. It was either late '09 or spring of '10. She did not give me a time frame on completion when I talked to her. I was given about a 2 year time frame when I dropped them off to her. I do not know what has happened but, I know she is a perfectionist and that they will be done right. I currently have 6 birds done by her and they are museum peices. Also, she is in the transition of retiring. At the time I dropped my latest birds off to her I had never heard of Leons or Willow Creek. I have now. Birdman Studios was an option but, I chose Nancy. Unfortunately, due to family health issues and needing to stay close to home, I did not collect any taxidermy specimens this year. Maybe next year. The beauty of my collection goal is that, though I may never reach it, I will get some along the way and the anticipation and strive will be an exciting drive.
Blacktail135
hunter

Postby Knighttime25 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:47 pm

I remember when I dropped mine off she had given about a two year time frame as well. I had heard that around the time we dropped our birds off she just got inundated with birds and finally had to stop taking birds in. Last time that I got a hold of her she said the arthritis in her hands was getting bad to the point where she could hardly bend the wire for goose and turkey wings. I had also not heard of Leon or Willow creek when I was deciding so I went with Nancy through recommendations from friends and also just seeing her work in person. It is definitely museum quality work.
Knighttime25
hunter

Postby Professor Chaos » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:58 pm

I took my stuff to Nancy in the past but now send birds to Shane Smith.

http://www.waterfowler.net/Artistic/
Believe Everything You Read On The Internet
Professor Chaos
hunter

Postby brokerbyduck » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:27 pm

Have you seen the oldsquaws that he did flying off the wave? Those are incredible but I could almost go on a guided moose hunt, (MOOSE, NOT GOOSE) for what that would run me. He is an incredible artist, that much is certain. :thumbsup:
Beware the ghetto lean!
brokerbyduck
State Moderator

Previous

Return to Washington Duck Hunting