Looking for a boat...again....

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

Looking for a boat...again....

Postby SilverLakehunter » Fri May 26, 2006 9:07 pm

Hey im still looking for a flatbottom boat for duck hunting only i have a tri hull for fishing and am just looking for a hunting boat. I heard ridgefield has a place that makes duck boats and then sells the defects for a lower price on certain days, if anyone knows the name of the place let me know or if you have a flattbottom for sale let me know also.

PAUL
BOOOOOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!
SilverLakehunter
hunter

Postby Duckboy23 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:44 pm

The place in Ridgefield is called Attbar Inc. Have you looked in the local paper yet? There's usually a few johny's floating around for sale.
I've hunted almost everyday of my life....the rest have been wasted.
Duckboy23
hunter

Postby HaydenHunter » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:59 am

Attbar makes fiberglass sneak boats called Aquapods. They do not make jonboats.

If you are looking for value in a decently made jon look into Lowe, G3 or Tracker boats. The first two are the best. If you are looking at real cheap and light you are talking thinner, riveted boat. If you have a bit more scratch, you want a welded boat made of .100 sheet. It all depends on what you are going to be doing with the boat.
HaydenHunter
hunter

Postby SilverLakehunter » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:43 pm

Just hunting out of it, everything from shallow to deeper waters. Something my dog can get in and out of easier. all im using now is a vhull and its killing me having to walk in my boat everywhere but hey at least im gettin birds right? but yea if you guys know of anyone get back to me.
BOOOOOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!
SilverLakehunter
hunter

Postby Robberwood » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:44 pm

Just picked up a 16' Tracker Grizzly flatbottom jon boat with trailer for a little over 3 grand (without motor cause i already have one) but that is the cheapest rought for a jon. ive done a lot of homework and searchin and its the best deal for your money! good luck on finding a used one, its pretty scarse... buy new and dont have to worry about anything :salude:
"Dont land over there!"
So what time are they suppose to show up?
Robberwood
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting