Potholes..?

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, h2ofowlr, brokerbyduck

Potholes..?

Postby jmike » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:09 am

hi guys ...i was just wondering about the Potholes resevior ...I know I am from the "other" stae but I have been wanting to make atrip up that way ....can a guy do ok without a guid ...is 1 afternoon enough time for scouting...?... :help: :help: ...................jmike
dont shoot till there feet are down
jmike
hunter

Postby Geardown » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:37 am

Are you talking hunting or fishing?
Geardown
hunter

Postby jmike » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:01 pm

I was talking about hunting................thnaks...mike
jmike
hunter

Postby HaydenHunter » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:01 am

Potholes is a big area. Best to hook up with someone who knows it...from this board?

The biggest guide service at Potholes is the Mar-Don resort. They run a "duck taxi" and will drop you off at a blind for a hunt, picking you up afterwards. This is an option if your time is limited. You can google them and find their website.
HaydenHunter
hunter

Postby jmike » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:58 pm

I saw there site and thats what got me intrested about going up there .....I was wondering how far of a run you need to make in the dark from the resot ......and at 125.00 bucks a day...I would rather hunt from my boat and use all my ownn dek's..........keep posting up .....jmike
jmike
hunter

Postby Robberwood » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:16 am

not somewhere i would run in the dark unless u go there a lot. water levels, underwater structure, just not a good place unless you are very familiar, especially in the dark. hook up with mar-don or a local
"Dont land over there!"
So what time are they suppose to show up?
Robberwood
hunter

Postby HaydenHunter » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:51 am

JMike,

You are also a member of The Refuge Forums, are you not? Swing over to the Washington Forum there and ask the question. There are some good guys on that board that might help you out.
HaydenHunter
hunter

Postby Geardown » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:23 am

JMike, its not that hard to find your way around but do it in the daylight and with someone that has done it before if you can. I will be over there 3-4 times but cant help with the exact times I wil be there to have you follow us in. Its a well known place and you will not be alone while hunting anyplace on the reservior but good luck.
Geardown
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting