Duck Hunting Forum banner

Pot holes

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  LOVEMYLABXS 
#1 ·
:help: Has anyone hunted the pot holes lately. I am planning to make a couple trips in Dec. so i want to know how it has been. Plus is there anywhere I can get a map of the pot holes, I have never been there before. Thanks!

#2 ·
Mac seeing that I haven't been out a lot I'm not going to be a lot of help but for a map a Gazatter is pretty good as far as getting an idea of the area but this might help a little bit from the fish and game site

http://wdfw.wa.gov/lands/r2wlarea.htm

As far as numbers over here on the dry side ducks seem to be pretty slow but the small shallow ponds are starting to freeze over so my few trips out I haven't seen many at all lately. My luck on getting out on a nything but blue bird days....... well let's just say the geese I'm seeing are in contact with airport towers cause they are flying so high. I got a bud coming over from the wet side late tonight or early in the morning and we'll probaly put most of our efforts into chassing geese in fields, then Sat. maybe running up north and trying to fill acouple of muzzleloader deer tags I rather eat that tag and chase geese but he'll be driving so..... :getdown: :getdown: No matter what remember a couple of things be safe and have fun never take for granted any chance to get out in the marsh with friends nothing smells as good as the cold air in the morning the smell of muck on your boots and the smell of a soggy.muddy dog :salude:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.