Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.
Moderators: Token, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr, washingtonmuley
Along with nwringneck, I was able to attend the Pacific Flyway Council Meeting last week in Spokane. nwringneck did a good job of presenting the idea of a bonus merganser limit to the council members, but due to a short time frame, this idea may not achieve reality until next year.
However the GOOD NEWS:
1. Another 107 day duck season.
2. A one pintail and one canvasback daily limit(s) for the entire season...NO BREAKS! Both species have made a good recovery and a two a day, all season pintail limit was almost a reality.
3. Removal of all of Grays Harbor County from the Dusky Canada Goose Zone / Goose Card restriction; due to a lack of Dusky Canada Geese using Grays Harbor County and a very under harvested, surplus of Western Canada Geese.
The BAD NEWS:
Lesser scaup are in trouble in N. America and due to this decline, the limit on scaup may go down from 3 to 2. The other Flyways may see a one scaup daily limit.
None of these proposals are "Etched In Stone"; they still need to go back for approval in DC and then to our WDFW.
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:23 pm
- Location: Rockford, WA
Thanks for the update T-Bone. The season will be here soon!!!
"Living the dream"
- Posts: 148
- Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:39 pm
- Location: Seattle
:withstupid: Thanks for the update. Good stuff to know.
You've got to stand for something or you will fall for anything...
- Posts: 221
- Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:39 pm
- Location: Selah, Wa.
Return to Washington Duck Hunting
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests