Youth hunt smack down

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

Youth hunt smack down

Postby goosegunner12 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:37 pm

Well after 2 years now of the youth only weekend hunts i think it's right at the top of my favorites list. Nice weather, tons of birds willing to work, lots of first, and most importantly lots of smiles :smile: and memories to be made.

We had 3 kids out for the Columbia River Delta Waterfowl chapter youth hunt. We were covered up in birds all morning and the boys shot like seasoned veterans. They were all able to limit, mostly wigeon with a few pinnys and gadwall and 1 teal. One of the young men was on his first hunt ever. Another boy is starting his second year but was not able to harvest a bird last year, so it was his first birds and limit. Then Parker my son is starting his second season and after have an successful season last year started this year off with a limit and a banded drake pintail to boot. The bird was banded in Meota, Saskatchewan, Canada on 8/26/ 2010.
goosegunner12
hunter

Re: Youth hunt smack down

Postby h2ofowlr » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:05 pm

Nice work. My little guy just turned 9 and passed hunter Ed. I took him out as well. Third duck he shot was a banded mallard hen. He was pretty excited.
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby getemducks » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:25 pm

h2ofowlr wrote:Nice work. My little guy just turned 9 and passed hunter Ed. I took him out as well. Third duck he shot was a banded mallard hen. He was pretty excited.

Dang your little guy is going to grow up to be a young Chad Belding or Jeff Foiles way to start him off early knowing the real reason for duck hunting....The Jewelry... :fingerhead: make sure he puts it on his lanyard. :no: :no:
Mini Goose Decoys - Inventor
"Gets the Longnecks closer"

Foamy Log Blind@ Prostaff
"Why sport an Oak when you can float a LOG!"

I wish I knew half as much, and shot half as many birds as the guys on DHC claim they do...
getemducks
hunter

Postby Meatss » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:18 pm

getemducks wrote:
Dang your little guy is going to grow up to be a young Chad Belding or Jeff Foiles way to start him off early knowing the real reason for duck hunting....The Jewelry... :fingerhead: make sure he puts it on his lanyard. :no: :no:

Wow, youre kind of a real prick arent ya :thumbsup:
I think it was great the OP got the kids out. I'm sure they will cherish the memories for a lifetime despite you being a dousche and trying to ruin it for them.

Lord forgive me for I shoot hens.
Meatss
hunter

Postby getemducks » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:57 pm

Thanks. :thumbsup: The post was not meant for the original poster but more to the WA Duck whisperer. It is good to get the kids out but don't have to put two posts together on how great you and your kid is. Kinda surprised there wasn't a picture of a pile of birds and the band.
Mini Goose Decoys - Inventor
"Gets the Longnecks closer"

Foamy Log Blind@ Prostaff
"Why sport an Oak when you can float a LOG!"

I wish I knew half as much, and shot half as many birds as the guys on DHC claim they do...
getemducks
hunter

Postby h2ofowlr » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:28 pm

getemducks wrote:Thanks. :thumbsup: The post was not meant for the original poster but more to the WA Duck whisperer. It is good to get the kids out but don't have to put two posts together on how great you and your kid is. Kinda surprised there wasn't a picture of a pile of birds and the band.

Wow, what a tool. Don't think anyone was saying how great some little guy was, just how much fun they had and got a lucky bird out of the bunch. Just made him that much more excited that day. He was ready for day two after the first was over. :huh: :huh:
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby Tealer » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:13 pm

Meatss wrote:
getemducks wrote:

Wow, youre kind of a real prick arent ya :thumbsup:
I think it was great the OP got the kids out. I'm sure they will cherish the memories for a lifetime despite you being a dousche and trying to ruin it for them.

For the first time Meats, we are on the same page.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby ebitzan » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:22 pm

getemducks wrote:
h2ofowlr wrote:Nice work. My little guy just turned 9 and passed hunter Ed. I took him out as well. Third duck he shot was a banded mallard hen. He was pretty excited.

Wow.... thats not right... How would you feel if you were proud of your son and someone said that to you?
You ain't gonna hit nothin unless you got steel in the air
"If it runs on water, It DIES!" ~ Tool-Man
Coot shooting pro-staff
Mallerd killing pro-staff
Kazoo blowing pro-staff
Skybusting pro-staff
Barrel sticker pro-staff
ebitzan
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby Skagit_Hunter » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:38 am

PICS or it didn't happen :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
Join WWA
Bird counts in signature are as gay as Elton John's fanny pack.
Ya know maybe if you lift up your skirt and show em your panties they will give you a pro-staff position
EX Pot stirring pro-staff...
Coot killing Pro-Staff...
Skagit_Hunter
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby h2ofowlr » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:49 am

Banded 8/25/2011 in Edison.
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (49.97 KiB) Viewed 687 times
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby Loveless » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:06 am

That's awesome! He'll remember that forever!
"Creeps and idiots cannot conceal themselves for long on a fishing trip." -Gierach
Loveless
hunter

Postby Shade » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:40 pm

That is so cool. I can't wait until my kids are old enough to begin the chase. I ask my son on a weekly basis, "when are you gonna grow big enough to come hunt ducks with me? Hurry up!" And his reply is always, "I'm trying dad, I have been eating all my food and mom says I'm growing!"

I bet it was fun calling in/online filing the band report with him. What's the info on her? I assume she's a local Suzie, but you never know?
Shade,
Yard Buck pro-staff trainee
Shade
hunter

Postby h2ofowlr » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:23 pm

He has been going out with me since about age 2. He has enjoyed it. The bird was a local one banded 8/25/2011 in Edison. It made it over a year before being harvested. I also attached a picture of him in the early days.
Attachments
Hunter's duck hunt.jpg
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby Blacktail135 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:41 am

Nice pics and congratulations on the successful hunt. Noticed he had earplugs.....wise move. I can't hear very well anymore.
Blacktail135
hunter

Postby Dano135 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:29 pm

Blacktail135 wrote:Nice pics and congratulations on the successful hunt. Noticed he had earplugs.....wise move. I can't hear very well anymore.

I second that on the plugs.... wish I would have listened to my pops and now I'm just pushing 30 and can't hear for s@#t. Awesome pics and glad to see some of them young-in's out there!
Keepin it real!
Dano135
hunter

Postby cackiller » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:22 am

Great pics and congrats on a great youth hunt this year. My first band was on a youth hunt too and I'll never forget it!!
cackiller
hunter

Postby Yeller Dawg » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:48 pm

Very cool guys! Congrats to all the young hunters and their proud dads. :thumbsup:
“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
Ben Franklin
Yeller Dawg
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting