Duckabush duck hunting opportunities.

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

Duckabush duck hunting opportunities.

Postby wren » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:51 pm

I would like some information about hunting the mouth of the Duckabush?
Last edited by wren on Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wren
Newb

Duckabush

Postby hm_palmer » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:15 pm

Duckabush is a great hunt if you catch the tides right its hard to get a boat down there but theres lots of mallards and a few goldeneye altough the goldeneye rarely come in close. I've only been there once and it kinda suckd due to the fact that the tide was almost all the way out when legal shooting started. Its got alot of potential though.
hm_palmer
hunter

Crocker Lake

Postby wren » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:45 pm

Thanks for the information. I looked back at your previous posts hm_palmer and noticed that you noted, hunting, Crocker Lake. Is this true? I live on the Olympic Peninsula but have been away from duck hunting for about 12 years.
wren
Newb

Crocker Lake

Postby hm_palmer » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:28 pm

Yeah i've been to crocker a couple times its never really been that good. Its pretty much over after the morning flight, and dont expecet to get any geese there. Theres a group of guys that go there EVERY weekend and its really overhunted.
hm_palmer
hunter

Duckabush

Postby Duckhammer » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:33 pm

Last Saturday a buddy and myself killed 8 Widgeon and left by noon. The Key here is Weather #1 and Tide #2. Tide isnt as big a deal of you have a fastgrass blind or a nice little layout boat. I have hunted The duck now for about 7 years and it is either hot or its not. I call last Saturday a not kind of day as others out there hunting did poorly. We hand picked the perfect location though and we were out there a full 2 hours before legal to insure our spot.

Advice for Duckabush....... Dont be a fool like the 2 other guys out there that either couldnt call or were afraid to call. If you dont have calls buy them, practice,practice,practice and then head out into the field and practice on real ducks. If you do call already then you will pull most of the birds out there if those 2 other guys go back.

*Sitting next to decoys that dont make any sounds only works half assed

Good Luck!
"Get em"
Duckhammer
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting