duck and goose hunting

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, h2ofowlr, brokerbyduck

duck and goose hunting

Postby duckhunter199 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:40 pm

I just started hunting ducks and geese this last year and was wondering if anybody could help me out with some hunting spots? For ducks but if possible geese. My dad is more into the pheasabt hunting and I am not. So if you got any spots around the east side please help me out. I can tell you where to go upland hunting around yakima. Thanks for the help .
duckhunter199
hunter

Postby T-Bone » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:21 am

The WA Atlas & Gazeeter lists most of the State's Public Wildlife Areas on about p.15. You can buy a copy at most book and sporting goods stores or at: www.amazon.com

Checkout the WDFW website "sticky" at the top of the page; "Hunting" and "Regional Offices" will list the major Public Hunting Areas in each region, too.

For the Federal Refuge Hunting info. :

http://www.fws.gov/midcolumbiariver/morehunt.htm

I heavily suggest a stop at the nearest WDFW Regional Office to you for some "face to face" info. / help.
T-Bone
hunter

Postby Coot Man » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:25 pm

another resource is the back of the Waterfowl Regulations. They have a couple of pages of bird refuges around. Its a good place to start. :thumbsup:
You've got to stand for something or you will fall for anything...
Coot Man
hunter

Postby duckhunter199 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:36 pm

Thank you for the help. I really apprciate it.
duckhunter199
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting