miss home

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

miss home

Postby webfeet » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:32 am

I'm from vancouver,usa, graduated from columbia river h.s. in '95, i've been in kansas for 10 yrs now and miss home like crazy especially around this time of year. I used to hunt vancouver lake and ridgefield wildliffe refuge alot, any of you guys hunt these areas? how have they been? might be coming home this year to hunt for a week. out here our early teal season started 3 wks ago and its kicked ass, where we go there have been 20,000-40,000 teal all season, we shoot out in 1/2 hour typically
"why are they landing over there?"
"hold my gun, i can't steer"
WAR WAZZU!!!
webfeet
hunter

Postby carbenz » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:25 pm

where do you hunt in kansas? Use to live there and miss it like crazy.
carbenz
hunter

Postby spencerusmc » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:29 pm

yeah same here, I'm originally from Kansas, just up here due to the military, I miss Kansas Pheasents!!!!
A good hunting partner is harder to find than a good friend. (Rick Ross)
spencerusmc
hunter

Postby webfeet » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:34 pm

i typically hunt in the surrounding counties around sedgewick co. i duck hunt at cheyenne bottoms and a few other marshes, i pheasant & quail hunt all over the state, pronghorn & mulie hunt in barton & russell counties, it is a great place to hunt, but theres no elk or salmon. spencerusmc you've posted on the KS forum before right? do you come back to hunt at all? I'll be up in Dec. to hunt around kalama and the toutle unit :salude: :yes:
WAR WAZZU!!!
webfeet
hunter

Postby Jusluv21 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:41 am

Yeah, talk about missing home, I just moved my family to Japan and will be here for at least the next 3 years. At least where you all moved to you still get to hunt. I couldn't even get my guns into this place. Good luck this season and take some out for me!
Shellback, Squid, Old Tar.....Yep, that's me. All Navy. Don't worry, I'll scare 'em your way.....
Jusluv21
hunter

Postby webfeet » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:19 am

we'll keep the fire burnin for ya, i feel bad about bitchin now, atleast i can hunt, thanks for everything you boys do and i will knock the piss out of em for ya :salude: :thumbsup:
WAR WAZZU!!!
webfeet
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting